2nd Annual r3v Colorado Ski/Board Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Annual r3v Colorado Ski/Board Day!

That's right kids, the white stuff has started falling again, so I figured it'd be a good time to start planning a date for the 2nd Annual r3v Ski/Board day(s)! As some of you know I manage a ski shop in Winter Park, directly across I-40 from the resort, so I'll do everything I can to facilitate rentals, cheap lift tickets, cheap hotel rooms for those that want to extend their stay, and anything else I can to get my fellow r3v-ers & the BMW community out on the mountain. Pipe up on if you want to join in, when works for everyone, equipment & ticket needs, housing needs, transportation, and so on, and we can get the ball rolling on this years event. Last year had a decent turnout, and I'm sure we can have even more peeps & cars if we coordinate properly! Ski season, here we come!
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Sometime between in December and January.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      Sometime between in December and January.
      Seconded!

Comment

I'd be down. I could meet you Cruces guys on your way up. Definitely would need to rent as I have a vert and wouldn't want to drive top down to accommodate skis. Haha.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

My pass is there so count me in if I am around.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Albuquerque30 View Post
            I'd be down. I could meet you Cruces guys on your way up. Definitely would need to rent as I have a vert and wouldn't want to drive top down to accommodate skis. Haha.
            Gotcha covered.
            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Good deal. Sub'd for further details.

Comment

We are leaving on the 9th or 10th prolly.

Comment

Of which month?

Comment

Of which month?
                    December

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

How about thanksgiving time? All three of my brothers are coming out from the East Coast, and they all LOVE snowboarding, and are into it hardcore, but they only board on mountains w/ maybe 1000 ft elevation and man-made snow out there in MD, so they NEED to experience the real stuff.

We will be going up at that time, whether or not that coincides w/ R3V snowboard/ski day, although it would be awesome if it DID coincide.

Comment

December works for me. Let me know about more details as they come. And I'll see if I can get anyone else to join.

Comment

+4 (?) for mid-late december-early jan
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                            How about thanksgiving time? All three of my brothers are coming out from the East Coast, and they all LOVE snowboarding, and are into it hardcore, but they only board on mountains w/ maybe 1000 ft elevation and man-made snow out there in MD, so they NEED to experience the real stuff.

We will be going up at that time, whether or not that coincides w/ R3V snowboard/ski day, although it would be awesome if it DID coincide.
                            Sam I'll do whatever I can to help you out with your brothers trips, PM when it's a bit closer to when they'll be in CO.

Comment

They will be in CO Nov 22-26.

We will prob be heading up one of those days, whichever is the LEAST crowded at WP. What day out of the week is usually least crowded?

Comment

Working...
                              X