Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

accelerate rotates left-let off rotates right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accelerate rotates left-let off rotates right?

Especially more noticeable when shifting up and down. So if i am shifting and then applying the gas i have to steer to the right a little. Then when downshifting i have to steer a little left. It occurs at all speeds, when i blip the throttle a few times and have to saw the wheel back and forth. Checked everything from wheel bearings to shock mounts. Also this mysteriously happened not long (like two days) after i put my winter wheels on. (checked those also) Not hearing any sound like scrapes or clunks, just driving me crazy. Has this happened to anyone's E-30? Or any ideas of what may cause this behavior? Thank you.
    Last edited by cabriodster87; 10-30-2011, 06:13 AM. Reason: corrected
    sigpic
    Reich und Roll!

My wife's honda was the same way, but I never found out what it was.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

that's odd, usually the one that rotates right on acceleration is the power, but for it to rotate left after letting off the pedal is weird.
      NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
      9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
      WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
      STÄTUS|
      Got Juice?|

Comment

Check tire pressures?

Comment

I would think that the bushings in the rear end would contribute to this

Comment

Originally posted by redhatpat View Post
            Check tire pressures?
            Yes they were off a little bit, 30 32

........................................27 30
            sigpic
            Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanE30 View Post
              that's odd, usually the one that rotates right on acceleration is the power, but for it to rotate left after letting off the pedal is weird.
              My bad, i got that backwards. Punch the gas it wants to go left, let off pulls right. I will edit accordingly.
              Last edited by cabriodster87; 10-31-2011, 04:37 AM.
              sigpic
              Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
                I would think that the bushings in the rear end would contribute to this
                I had the same idea, this thing feels like its steering related. Wouldn't rear bushing problems make the car "dog track" if anything? Although i know i need bushings as maintenance, they are still in place and centered. I wont discount the theory though.
                sigpic
                Reich und Roll!

Comment

I suspect the trailing arm bushings are going...the car starts to give a washy feeling when either up shifting on acceleration or down shifting.. The only time a car will dog track if the car was hit and the body/frame chassis wasn't aligned properly. or, the parts that are wearing out on your car are severely worn. this would make the car very unstable driving it passionately. :-) also a very poor 4 wheel alignment can cause bad tracking.

I would just take a hour or two and go over all your bushing to check for wear - starting from the front and work your way back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                    I would just take a hour or two and go over all your bushing to check for wear - starting from the front and work your way back.
                    I will be doing this, maybe i missed something.
                    sigpic
                    Reich und Roll!

Comment

When my trailing arm bushings started to waller out (AKG with aluminum sleeves---bad idea) the car would do this. Destroyed diff bushings can do it too, because the torque reactions will cause the diff to rotate and flex the subframe.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Went over it again and found one front spring was not positioned in the strut assembly properly, effectively jacking the car weight balance diagonally. Also an inner tie rod was not tight to the steering rack. All of the bushings (sub frame, trailing arm, diff, control arm, strut mount) are old but still intact. The car seems to be better, just needs an alignment. Thanks to everyone.
                        sigpic
                        Reich und Roll!

Comment

Working...
                        X