Any 524td owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 524td owners?

I've never seen any, but want one. Were they even sold in CA?

nigel/einstein57 has one. i've seen a couple for sale the past year in ca, but the US ones were all factory autos. i've seen them as cheap as $900, but here's the only i've found currently fs in CA:

1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Jeez, he wants 5 grand? must be off his rocker. Yea they are all autos but how hard is a 5speed swap.. :)

Comment

5 speed swap can be very expensive if done "right". The flywheel and transmission are different on a factory manual car. I went the more affordable way which still ain't exactly cheap and used 528e parts. This means the tach signal does not work unless you modify the flywheel. I'd be willing to entertain offers. There are only ever a hand full for sale in the entire united states at any given moment. I've only ever seen 2 manual cars for sale during the 6 months it took me to find a local car. One was a swap and one was a rusted out euro spec one from canada. Both were at least 1000 miles away.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

My buddy just picked one up on the east coast, it's converted to veggie. He's going to try to manual swap it but it's pretty low priority before it gets to CA.
          '89 325i

Comment

That was my original plan. Decided i don't really like big cars. I'm really considering droping the engine in to my 316
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Are any of them ever touring? If really like to pick up a diesel wagon.
              90 325is
              85 RZ350
              75 RD350
              7? RD400 race bike

Comment

e34 and e30 but you'd have to import it from europe. You'd be better off waiting a couple years till they are 25 years old.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                X