Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Manual 87 325is in SC cheap

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summary: $2100. In downtown Charleston, SC. 5 speed manual. 154k miles. Heat works. Good driver, runs good, doesn't leak or smoke. Timing belt and starter are new. And I'll direct you to a badass junkyard.

Click thumbnails for bigger photos.

87 325is. Manual trans. 153-something miles on odometer. Bronzit so you know the ladies will swoon. This is a good driver/fun car. I got it last fall for short-term commuter duty – but now I’m back to living 50 yards from school/work and would rather not have a car (I share one with my bro). I’ll be working 80+ hours/week for the next month or two so my time is pretty valuable to me – no joyriders, bring cash.

The prev owner (of 10 or so years) said the odo broke in May 2011, and I tend to believe him. There is an Illinois inspection/emissions certificate (it passed) from 2006 with 124k on the clock, so it seems about right – he also had an suv and an e36, and it hadn’t had a working blower motor or windows for his last 3 years of ownership (until I got it and fixed them) so he couldn’t have driven it very much.

I replaced the T-belt, flushed coolant, and some other stuff in the last few months. Heater works on all settings now. AC has been converted to R134a at some point but is not currently charged – but it’s all there if you want to fill it. The cruise control even works, fogs work, power locks work, power mirrors work, trunk tool kit is there. Clean. No smoke or major leaks. Idle is a rock solid 700rpm, no surging. No vacuum leaks. Pulls pretty darn hard – much faster than my old eta – and sounds good. I don’t think twice about driving it to visit family over 2 hours from here and back and it stays between ¼ and ½ on the temp gauge.

Leather sport interior is in presentable shape. Old leather is old leather. It is clean. The driver seatback side bolsters have been replaced with vinyl because the old leather had holes. I have more vinyl left over if you want to do other parts of the seats. The trunk has a useful original accessory carrier/organizer (see photos).

Premium sound with correctly-wired aftermarket head unit (about a year old) that plays CD’s and MP3 CD’s – sounds great. I pulled this head unit out of my old car before I sold it, and I forgot to get the mounting cage, so it’s just sitting in the slot for now but you can get the cage for $10 or so directly from Clarion. Includes remote in case you have T-rex arms and cannot reach the buttons(?). Power antenna runs but is not currently hooked up – the mast was broken – but I just got a junkyard mast that I’m including with the sale so if you feel like listening to commercials or NPR you’re all set brah.

Body is in pretty good shape, just some minor parking lot dents and some stone chips– nothing major. I never saw any evidence of major wrecks. The bronzit on the hood and sides is in good shape. It’s faded on the roof and trunk but it’s not terribly noticeable. I got some custom-mixed touch up paint at an auto paint shop in GA (I had to do the driver mirror and a spot by the windshield wiper) so you can have the rest of the can for any future touch ups. I took the chrome parts of the kidney out and plasti-dipped them separately so it can go back to chrome easily by peeling it off.

The following are new with receipts:
    Plugs
    Starter (lifetime warranty remanufactured w/ receipt)
    Timing belt/tensioner
    accessory belts
    cam seal and o-ring
    coolant flush
    Oil pressure sensor (the previous one caused a massive oil leak – now fixed)
    Gasket for coolant at the throttle body (was leaking)

The following are recently replaced with good used parts:
    Blower motor
    Driver window switch and sunroof switch
    Cap and rotor (used 3 years)
    Accelerator pedal linkage bushings
    Hood grounding strap (no idea why the hood needs a grounding strap, but I’m not going to argue with zee germans)

Comes with extra parts (not installed):
    New front main seal,
    new valve cover gasket w the 4 other seals that go in the head,
    new oil pan seal (bought them b/c I thought they might be causing my oil leak but it was the pressure sensor).
    Extra shift knob, original stereo/amp with code, some sweet original paperwork
    I removed the front mudflaps but I’m including them as well.
    I have the plastic under-engine tray at my parents house 2 hours away. Most e30’s don’t have it but if you want it I could work it out to get it to you at some point. I have no use for it.
    I have all the center caps for the weaves but I like the looks better without them.
    Includes Bentley and Electronics Troubleshooting Manual.

***ALSO INCLUDED WITH THE CAR***
    I’ll give you the business card for the secret non-advertised u-pull-it junkyard that has these beauties:

They want $30 each for plastic bumpers with all the accoutrements – if I had time I’d pull them and flip them for several hundred dollars profit – but I don’t have time. If I haven’t sold the car by March, I’ll be pulling the plastic bumpers at that time and flipping them. Also, note the rear seat headrest car and the vert with driver side zender bodykit pieces.

Besides general TLC and a good once-over, here are some things you should be prepared to work on: odometer gears ($15), paint the basketweaves, flush/replace the other fluids, OBC works great but needs backlight ($3), and the shifter could use some bushings to tighten it up. The ‘brake lining’ light is on so it probably needs a $10 sensor – brakes are fine with no squeaks/grinding. Passenger power window doesn’t work (haven’t troubleshot it yet – don’t care). There is a little vibration in the steering wheel with speed so I think one of the front wheels is out of balance, but all the tires have lots of tread.

The starter and the timing belt are some b*tch jobs on the e30 so I’m glad to say those are done for you.

Let me know if you have any interest or want to see the car - I hope you don't mind working around my schedule.

Thanks
    Evan
    Last edited by Gubernaculum; 01-17-2012, 05:57 PM.

bump for good guy glws

Comment

Still have this? Im in nc

Comment

Still have it.

Comment

Nice deal, GLWS
          BUY YOUR KLUB VINTAGE WINDOW DECALS!
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265552

Klub Vintage - Classic and specialty car builds and restorations

http://www.klubvintage.com

Located in Lambertville NJ

Comment

Wait so how can I buy the bumpers

Comment

Nice looking car. Wish I had tax money back or my girlfriend would give up and sell her honda. I'm trying to put her in an E30. This would be a great ride for her, and me to steal just about every day.
              89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

Bump, such a nice looking car, if only i had the funds.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiesideways View Post
                  Wait so how can I buy the bumpers
                  Buy my car and I'll give you the business card for the place that has them.

Or, if nobody buys the car I'll go pull them and sell them in a few months. No time now. Just worked a 27 hour day. Off to bed.

Comment

Man i hope my extra money from school gets here soon, this is a nice looking E30

Comment

Buuump.

Comment

Good luck with the sale. If you decide to come down on the price I'd gladly pick it up from you as a replacement for my Saab.

Comment

To the top. Lots of interest but no sale yet.

Comment

Do you still have this car? - Thanks.

Comment

Sold!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X