Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL Find..E28 M5..NY

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2831095235.html

Found it on CL, sick deal for $4500, somebody needs to buy this..... I also placed it in the E28 section, thought i should put it here too for those that don't go into that section... Mods feel free to delete this if needed
    "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
    1991 318is - the cruiser
    1989 325i - the rats nest

"needs some work"
    Not a good sign with an e28 M5.
    I agree the shell may be a deal, but at that point, if the motor is screwed, you are going to be in it for what a running m5 would cost. While I like e28 M5's, I would never own one. I would rather get a 528e and drop a bad ass m30 in it and walk away from e28 m5's all day.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I would put the work into that car that it needed. If it needed engine work, full rebuild with tarbo. If not, stock stock stock, but with euro HL and bumper conversion.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
        "needs some work"
        Not a good sign with an e28 M5.
        I agree the shell may be a deal, but at that point, if the motor is screwed, you are going to be in it for what a running m5 would cost. While I like e28 M5's, I would never own one. I would rather get a 528e and drop a bad ass m30 in it and walk away from e28 m5's all day.

it looks like a hell of a good deal. i can't see any rust in the photo. it may have problems from sitting, but it looks pretty obvious that it has been sitting in a garage the entire time. the only way you would know if the engine is good would be to go over there and check it out. deltatlanata, you are a good guy, but this opinion is rediculous. its kind of like saying "if my wallet wasn't so empty, it would be full of money." this is the kind of post that gives this forum the reputation of being full of 16 year old penniless cheap asses.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

It must be completely fucked if it hasn't sold in 2 weeks at that price with those miles in a big city.
          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

^^Definitely a fair assumption, but someone (read: not me) should call about this thing just to find out the story. You never know...
            sigpic

Comment

Saw this a few weeks ago, looks really nice.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

it looks like it should be in overall good shape..i have a feeling it may just be maintainence work needed...
                "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
                1991 318is - the cruiser
                1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  it looks like a hell of a good deal. i can't see any rust in the photo. it may have problems from sitting, but it looks pretty obvious that it has been sitting in a garage the entire time. the only way you would know if the engine is good would be to go over there and check it out. deltatlanata, you are a good guy, but this opinion is rediculous. its kind of like saying "if my wallet wasn't so empty, it would be full of money." this is the kind of post that gives this forum the reputation of being full of 16 year old penniless cheap asses.
                  Or you could be like me, 37, money to buy whatever I want within reason, including turning down a car that may be nothing but trouble.
                  Cases in point out here.

This one needs a motor rebuild.

Also, who here can actually source the parts and rebuild that motor for a reasonable price?
                  Flyboy, I may be wrong in my opinion, but it's my opinion. I have owned e28s I have friends with e28m5's. I know what I am talking about when it comes to them. You may as well, and our opinions may differ. But I don't represent the 16 year old opinions on here, I represent the " this is r3v, you no like? Leave". That's what drew me to this forum. The fanboi's are few and far between when it comes to OG's. Everyone else is filler.
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic

Comment

No title (IE he messed the title up signing it over to himself), hasn't been tagged in a year, runs rough.
                    Just talked to him.
                    I am going to call him back tomorrow as he was in a doctor's office and didn't get a good signal.
                    You're right, 4500 is a good price, but I would be wary.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      it looks like a hell of a good deal. i can't see any rust in the photo. it may have problems from sitting, but it looks pretty obvious that it has been sitting in a garage the entire time.
                      unless i'm missing something, you're making some bold claims for a NY car based on that CL ad.
                      8380 Laboratories
                      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

If anyone needs it checked out I am 10 minutes away from that car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Voyd View Post
                          If anyone needs it checked out I am 10 minutes away from that car.
                          Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                          No title (IE he messed the title up signing it over to himself), hasn't been tagged in a year, runs rough.
                          Just talked to him.
                          I am going to call him back tomorrow as he was in a doctor's office and didn't get a good signal.
                          You're right, 4500 is a good price, but I would be wary.
                          And it has been sitting for a while, a year and some months.
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

All I see is on this thread is a bunch of lesbian trannies who are to scared to fix up a classic, what a bunch of girls. Fuck if that was local I would be all over it like a prostitute over heroin.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X