Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 318iC Diamondschwarz 5-speed G260e w/M20B25 swap, Manual Top, South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318iC Diamondschwarz 5-speed G260e w/M20B25 swap, Manual Top, South Florida

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Here is the craigslist ad

Contact me via PM, Email at rwentroble[at]gmail[dot]com, or the phone number in the Craigslist ad. I try to reply as fast as humanly possible.

$3500 Or I can remove parts and return them to stock to lower the price. (ex: I keep my Hellas, you get sealed-beams. I keep carpeted dash cover, I keep shifter knob and boot, etc......)

This is my baby and I only want to sell it to get back into a hardtop.

Most of then work I listed, aside from easy things like head unit, interior, etc., were performed by Forced_firebird on these forums, and his shop WOT-TECH.

A few things have changed since these pictures were taken.

This is the most recent picture and best-reflects how the car sits now. It needs a good wash, claybar, and waxing. It's been a little while. Yes it's just dirty as sin in those pictures. I was excited to get the new wheels and couldn't wait to snap some pictures.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Picture albums:
    Here
    and Track pictures here

e: Listed it on Ebay as well

Feel free to bid on it there. Up for another few days.

Contents of the ad:
    Originally posted by craigslist
    IT'S NOT A JUNK CAR, DO NOT LOWBALL ME. CLEAN TITLE IN HAND.
    I WILL ONLY TRADE FOR A CLEAN HARDTOP E30, OR A 24V SWAPPED E30. THIS IS WHY I WANT TO SELL MY CAR.

I've got a 1991 318iC which started life with an M42B18 motor, which I pulled and parted out to drop the M20B25 in, for more power and with the ideal of throwing a turbo onto it. The M20B25 has excellent compression, which is a little higher than stock (all numbers are 165-180psi, I have pics of each cylinder's compression testing but just come check it out for yourself).

Picture albums:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...smokemeth/BBS/ (NOTE: BBS WHEELS HAVE BEEN SOLD)

The Good:
    Chassis has ~128,xxx miles, motor is 100k miles used but it was just refreshed and has great compression and no leaks, so like all other M20B25's, it will continue to run as long as you take good care of it. It runs like a champion, pulls on other E30's all day, and most E36's.
    M20B25 head was rebuilt in 2002, shaved most likely resulting in the higher compression since whoever did the rebuild didn't use a thicker head gasket.
    ECU was tuned by WOT-TECH last week with a wideband sensor for a street tune. Ideally will be finishing this up on a dyno soon, or at least getting a dyno run in so I can show the wheel-horsepower to prospective buyers. This tune is specific to the car, and has all AFR's ~14.7 or so under all conditions, and raised the revlimiter from stock to 6800RPM.
    M20B25 motor just had its timing belt and water pump done <1k miles ago.
    Valves were adjusted on the motor <1k miles ago
    New OEM half-shafts were installed <1k miles ago
    New Center Support Bearing (CSB) installed at same time as all above <1k miles ago
    New coolant I just put in a week ago, have drove maybe 100-200 miles on.
    Cone filter (not a complete plus, stock airbox honestly works better, but this sounds nice. I couldn't locate a stock M20 airbox when I swapped it)
    3.73LSD has new Redline fluid
    *New differential bushing at same time as the fluid
    *New Speedometer impulse sender at same time as fluid
    *New diff gasket at same time as the fluid
    5-speed Getrag 260 transmission with new Redline fluid same time as the diff
    *New Guibo <1k miles old, done at same time as half-shafts, valve adjustment, water pump, and timing belt + coolant flush
    New clutch slave cylinder in January of 2012 was installed when I put in the M20/Getrag260 combo.
    Center Support Bearing was replaced <1k miles ago
    Control Arms were replaced in March 2011
    Ireland Engineering Stage 3 Race Springs have the car dropped low.
    New iS lip was painted and installed on the valence
    New front valence was installed last year due to a towing mishap, it's in perfect shape
    E30M3 OEM Offset Control Arm Bushings were installed when I put the springs and control arms in.
    UHMV solid transmission mounts from Condor Speed Shop
    Motor has a full dual 2inch exhaust with an h pipe, ends in a B&B TriFlow Muffler, sounds KILLER (video of exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-rt...e-_uEihsQA7JAm)
    INTERIOR IS HELLA CLEAN, good CLEAN carpet, good front sport seats with only a few little cracks on the thigh bolsters, hardly worth replacing. Rear seat upper has a small tear.
    CONVERTIBLE TOP IS CLEAN, AND MANUALLY OPERATED (saves weight over a 325i powered top, quicker to put up and down yourself) Was replaced by the previous owner in 2007.
    Leather shifter boot
    Very little shifter slop
    Trunk lid was repainted and the third brake light and iS spoiler shaved off for a clean notch-back look.
    HELLA Ellipsoid lights w/crosshairs have been smoked and look fantastic with the Diamondschwarz paint
    Alpine Type-R 5.25" speakers
    HiFonics 800Watt 4-channel amplifier for the speakers running conservatively (plenty of headroom so the amp doesn't work too hard)
    Pioner DEH-P8400BH Head unit with 3-RCA Pre-outs, Bluetooth handsfree calling and music from your phone/iPod, USB Connection for flash drives or iPhones in the glove-box, and a front 3.5mm aux input. Bluetooth hands-free mic is mounted on the A-pillar and has crystal clear audio for the caller and the person you're on the phone with. Head unit has a remote as well.
    Battery has been relocated to the trunk (all convertibles have it up front in the engine bay against the firewall) for better weight distribution.

I have BOXES of spare parts for any potential buyer, so they won't have to worry about niggling things like exhaust hangers, any door locks that may stop working (All work, as well as the power windows, in perfect order). Some of it is interior pieces, some of it is mechanical, it's all assorted.
    I have a spare 4.27 open differential that came with in the car when it had an M42B18 in it, that is the factory differential.
    I have a spare half-shaft from Advanced Auto parts, I have it as a spare because the OEM axles I just put in are to replace it and another 2 advance auto halfshafts. I've had two of the Advanced half-shafts die on me, randomly, under EASY driving, so the third (was a replacement for free via Advanced since I took the broken one in) is still good, but I don't trust it to last after the quality of the others. I only have it around as a "just-in-case" measure.

The BAD:
    The top has a tiny tiny leak when it rains at monsoon-strength, under normal rain driving there is no wind noise or other leaks. This is the only one and is above the passenger seat, rarely does it enter the cabin.
    The seats have tiny cracks in the thigh bolsters as I've already mentioned.
    The shifter is a little bit sloppy, but this is an easy fix, I just have yet to get around to it. In no way does it affect drivability.
    Small bit of rust on the rear tail light panel passenger side, inboard of the tail lights, the size of a dime, has only bubbled the paint a little. If you ground it down, treated it, and repainted it would not be noticeable.
    Small bit of rust on the driver's side absolute bottom of the rear-valence.
    Drivers side door has a dent, it's had it since I bought the car, aside from this the body is straight. In pictures it's usually not noticeable even, you've gotta look for it.
    Rear bumper has cracked a bit, was tapped in the rear before I bought it and I hadn't even noticed the bumper until I got the car home. New rear bumpers are $50-100. It LOOKS fine from 20ft though, plasti-weld + touch-up paint would do it well.
    Dash is cracked as almost all E30's you'll find have, and has a carpeted dash cover on it.
    Does not come with Euro plate :P I have a U.S. Plate-holder (as well as a spare) that goes up front.

None of these cons add up to it being worth less than it's price. The body is straight, the car is a tastefully modded, clean ride.

My price is firm, $3500

My phone number is 3058770728 do NOT solicit me with other trade offers for crappy stuff (only clean cars, with a hardtop, that are trackable or have been tracked will be considered), do NOT try to lowball me. Feel free to call anytime before 2am (text afterward). NO JUNK CAR OR OTHER SOLICITORS ARE WELCOME. Feel free to call with questions though.

I'm free all the time as I'm not working right now, so shoot me a call or a text if you have the trades I'm looking for, or want to come check out the car. I WILL HEAR ALL REASONABLE OFFERS! I have other things I can throw in for a few bucks extra too, and plenty of spares I don't have listed. As well, I can point you towards my mechanic friend who has done most of the work, I don't have invoices with him as we always just worked it out cash and in-person, there was no need to tabulate and track anything. I had planned on keeping this car, but my priorities have changed and I can't afford the project car I had, so I'm selling this to get a daily driver that I can also take to the track WITHOUT installing a roll-bar that makes the rear seats useless, hence my desire for a hard top.

Emails will receive equally quick responses and are under the same rules as the phone number is, no soliciting, no lowballing, no other trade offers except what I listed will be entertained.

(I know I said I can't track this, but the picture you see below is an autocross....they allow no roll-bar, but I'm growing past autocross and want to move into full-on competition with NASA for time trial, or at least do HPDE's)

SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Last edited by durtyE30; 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM.

Transmission died.....will not be available for a week or so until I get a new unit in there...first gear decided it didn't like being first gear anymore. That's what I get for buying junkyard transmissions from random people.

Comment

Transmission replaced, guibo replaced, GL-4 80W Redline fluid in tranny + differential is getting it's fluid changed soon.

Feels good to finally drive the bastard again.

Comment

Just a question about the 325e g260. Is it common knowlege they are stronger? I thought they were all the same.

GLWS
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

From what I've been told, yes, but if anyone has a more hard-defined bit of info on that feel free to share it and shed light.

Comment

Originally posted by durtyE30 View Post
            From what I've been told, yes, but if anyone has a more hard-defined bit of info on that feel free to share it and shed light.
            Just curious because im boosting soon.

either way I hear the g260 is pretty tough.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

As long as it's full of fresh-good fluid, it is.

Just be sure to know whether or not you've got an early model shift console or a late model shift console, what the transmission has, and accomodating for any differences if you are swapping it into an 318 like I did.

This new transmission is an early model, with the sheet metal console, and I had to make a bracket to mount the rear of the shift-console to it.

As well, I took out the piece-of-shit revshift guibo, and put in a Febi regular small guibo (since I went with a 325i trans this time instead of an e trans).

NO MORE VIBRATIONS SUDDENLY (GO FIGURE. If I posted pictures of this thing, I doubt anyone would buy another if they saw it before hand....M5x/S5x swap or not with a difference in driveshaft to transmission size.

The 325i transmission I put in has the same mileage as the M20 I put in, the 325e transmission was a leftover from an S50 swap. All work was done by myself and forced_firebird of WOT-TECH (I put the 325i trans in using his lift, he put the M20 into there previously. The 325e trans was cheaper to me before I so I got it instead of keeping the M20/G260i combo together).

Any questions feel free to ask guys :) Goodnight, I'm tired from making hte car work again...next up I may fix the A/C....(buyers expense, I have a complete A/C system available to me in working order, dryer, evap, compressor, R12 lines, everything. Will fill with synthetic R12)

Comment

Man I wish this was a coupe...

Any pics from higher up of the top up and down?
                1991 Diamondschwarz 325i 5spd (SOLD)
                1989 Zinno 325i 5spd (NEW)
                2000 Nissan Maxima GLS Rollin' Phat (DD)

Comment

Ill get pics for you

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

e: I'm gonna get them tomorrow, when it is light out, obviously.

I just added an e30tech.com sticker too guys, that shit must've added like 10-15HP at the wheels at least....(it's red, if it were the white one it may have only added like 5-10hp, but it's that go-fast red.)
                  Last edited by durtyE30; 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

finally getting pictures of this today, and going to go about relocating the battery to the trunk.

Comment

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20May%205th/ Pics of the car as of today. Interior is pictured with the rip in the upper rear seat. Dash IS cracked but has the carpeted cover.

I put in a new ground cable from the valve cover to the battery tray made of 0 gauge cable, and relocated my battery to the rear, as well as installing the M42 harness covers and battery tray cover to clean up the look of my engine bay. Check it out.

e: I'm also about to go pick up a 3.73LSD which I'm going to put in either tomorrow or on Monday. Finishing off my tuning as well (Tuned by WOT-TECH) with a dyno run or 3 soon, hopefully.

Comment

Bump
                        Get at me guys.

Comment

I've seen it in person. No question, in my opinion, this is a fair price for a solid car.

Comment

check the link in my sig?

I'll have to throw cash on top obviously, PM me if you're interested.
                            2008 335i - n54b30
                            1991 318i - m52b28
                            1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I'm interested Drumad, sending a PM now! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X