Mess Under Intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess Under Intake question

I know there are huge threads devoted to this project, but I wanted to see if I can answer a simple question without wading through hundreds of posts. The original 'shopping list' on the Mess Under Intake sticky on M42club calls for 19/32 vacuum hose. I can't find that size hose anywhere locally. I thought of getting the silicone hose from hiperformancestore.com, but I didn't think of it until too late (I really only have time to take my engine apart this week while I'm on vacation) and express shipping is crazy expensive. So, I'm going to have to get by with what I can buy at a local parts store.

So, what size vacuum hoses can I get away with if 19/32 isn't available?

This is the exact hose I bought from advance auto parts when I did it on my m42. It's 19/32 as well.

it'll come in that red box
    2008 335i - n54b30
    1991 318i - m52b28
    1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

9/16 would work as well and is a little more common. It's only 1/32" smaller in diameter and will stretch a bit.

Comment

to be honest the majority of my hoses were in decent shape and I removed them carefully and without cutting, I was able to re-use them for time being and will upgrade to a full silicone kit when I have the $$$ to play with it, but for now she lives to fight another day...

Comment

This is what I have done. 1/2 pex fitting from Jerry's or Home Depot.
          Attached Files
          what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

Working...
          X