First e30! '88 Royal blau coupé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First e30! '88 Royal blau coupé

Hello hello, all you lovely r3vers! My name is Adam, I'm 19 years of age, and I just picked up my first e30! It's my second car, the first of which was the timeless Holden/Opel/Vauxhall Astra, which was an alright car, but was so vanilla. I had been looking for an e30 prior to the Astra, but good ones in Australia are hard to come across, I was looking for about half a year, but they either kept getting snapped up, or they were poor examples.
    Then, on carsales, I finally came across what I wanted. It was a 325i, it wasn't Bronzit, it was manual, it was well looked after, it was just about perfect for me.

These are pictures from before I bought it. I did my due diligence, there's probably about a centimetre of rust, one small ding in the front, but apart from that it is totally schmick! Engine was rebuild about 30,000kms ago, and he gave me all the receipts too.
    I basically want to make this car like new again, fix it all up, and most of all learn how to work on a car with the help of my friends and you guys too! Here's some more pictures :)

Nice pick up man, welcome.

Comment

This is your first e30!? Looks like you're gonna be missing out on alot of headaches e30's get. Basically I'm saying you got one hell of a first e30 there. Congats and welcome to the sandy fest. (Sig for reference)
      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
        This is your first e30!? Looks like you're gonna be missing out on alot of headaches e30's get. Basically I'm saying you got one hell of a first e30 there. Congats and welcome to the sandy fest. (Sig for reference)
        Oh yeah! like I said I did my research and really got lucky with this one. The PO spent over 10k on just about everything that needed done, but I am running into a few weird quirks, which is what the e30 is known for :p

My horn stopped working, but it started working again today. What'd I do to fix it? Nothing. haha.

Comment

Hands down this is the best colour e30 came with. But it only looks good if it has been well taken care of. Judging from pictures yours looks pretty ballin though.

Comment

Originally posted by atmobenzin View Post
            Hands down this is the best colour e30 came with. But it only looks good if it has been well taken care of. Judging from pictures yours looks pretty ballin though.
            Owner was crazy about the colour. I was pretty stuck on brilliantrot for ages, but this colour (just like the rims) is really growing on me. Original paintjob, but a respray is definitely in the works down the track. :)

Comment

Cool color

Comment

Very nice color, you really dont see this color that often.

Comment

needs an iS lip! Looks nice though. On second glance, it looks like the passenger side headlight surround is not clipped in properly...
                  90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                  02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                    needs an iS lip! Looks nice though. On second glance, it looks like the passenger side headlight surround is not clipped in properly...
                    Haha yeah and I've been looking into getting one, but it's hard because I don't believe Australia got any iS's, or very few at most. Probably have to grab it off ebay or something.

Yeah the headlights are a little strange, gotta investigate them soon. One of them looks like it's held in with some sort of putty, but I can't tell yet :p

Comment

Nice!!
                      I really like that color I would love a dark blue e30.
                      Put an iS lip on that and some wheels besides those hideous ones and it's perfect.
                      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Hello fellow Sydney p-plater!

89' 325iS checking in :) .. one of 180 that came to the country.. and one of 40 that were automatic.

(ignore the plates)
                        Last edited by AussieTemplar; 04-21-2012, 07:27 PM.
                        1989 Australian Delivered 325iS Mtech 2.
                        Fully worked M20B31 stroker. 143kw atw/285ntq atw.

Comment

Originally posted by admhndry View Post
                          Haha yeah and I've been looking into getting one, but it's hard because I don't believe Australia got any iS's, or very few at most. Probably have to grab it off ebay or something.
                          There are a few 318is cars floating around, thing is they will be stripped within 2 days of appearing at a wreckers.

There are non genuine iS lips available for $160 landed to AUS on ebay...
                          90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                          02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Sweet pick up man. Liking the smilies and euro grills. Good luck with everything and welcome
                            '91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                              Nice!!
                              I really like that color I would love a dark blue e30.
                              Put an iS lip on that and some wheels besides those hideous ones and it's perfect.
                              Haha yeah man, I love the colour too :)
                              I like the wheels!

I mean they're no RSs but I'll keep them for a while.
                              Originally posted by AussieTemplar View Post
                              Hello fellow Sydney p-plater!

89' 325iS checking in :) .. one of 180 that came to the country.. and one of 40 that were automatic.

(ignore the plates)
                              Oh mad! How much did that set you back?
                              Also whereabouts in Sydney are you? I'm just north of hornsby.
                              Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                              There are a few 318is cars floating around, thing is they will be stripped within 2 days of appearing at a wreckers.

There are non genuine iS lips available for $160 landed to AUS on ebay...
                              Yeah, I was talking about the iSs, but yeah, apparently there were a few. I was thinking about the 318iSs though, the m42s are pretty nice engines :)

Originally posted by !AjHoWzA! View Post
                              Sweet pick up man. Liking the smilies and euro grills. Good luck with everything and welcome
                              Cheers mate :)

Comment

Working...
                              X