PNWBB - Noon 2 Noon 2012 - Photo Coverage Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNWBB - Noon 2 Noon 2012 - Photo Coverage Inside

I know there's a couple of you hiding out on here.

I just wanted to invite you to the annual E21 GTG. Folks from Bellingham to Las Vegas are meeting up and heading to Trinity Lake, Ca for a weekend of camping, drinking and excessive amounts of talk about our old rust buckets.

Here's the who, what, when, etc.

FB:

BFc:
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Video from last year:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM.

Sounds rusty.
    Wish I could go.
    sigpic

Comment

I used to own an E21, does that count for anything..
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Pity post. +1

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

It's going to take you guys FOREVER to get there. ;)

Requesting pics!

Comment

My E21 will be ripped apart, I'll be taking the vert. ;)

Comment

sup twelvizm!

i saw this just before i saw your reply,
              im roughly 250 miles out, but i am down!!!
              the e21 needs some drivetrain love which will hopefully be completed by then (like BADLY, as of today when i take off in 1st it shakes/vibrates/thumps violently, then continues through all gears but not as violent)
              i just need to figure out a set date so i can make sure i can make it and/or request the time off.

Comment

It sounds like you might need some urethane bushings. http://www.eurometric.com can take care of that. I'd go with control arm, steering rack and front sway bar bushing for starters, if not replacing them all. Replacing my old worn bushings with urethane has to be the best thing I've done to my e21 so far.

Comment

its either my guibo, u-joint, or CSB. but my mounts are definitely bad too.
                  but when i say the car shakes horribly, it honestly feels like the tranny is gonna unbolt and drop when im taking off. and when im at low RPMS or just cruising its pretty bad as well, you can hear the tranny knocking on the trans tunnel.

Comment

Well get crackin'! Start with the cheapest and move onto the more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by My Post on BFc
                      As you may have seen up in the sticky, there was a little meet up this last weekend. Some of us from Portland drove down and camped with some northern California guys. In my typical fashoin, I brought my photo and video gear to capture the fun. Here's the story in photos:

Packed up for the drive. A little tight in a vert.

My point of view for the next 7 hours.

Roadtrip wingman

We had never seen such a big mountain with such a small forest around it, so we stopped and took a photo to show our lumberjack buddies back home.

I begged and begged to go the extra hour out of our way to get a Double Double animal style with animal style fries. Oh, and an extra cheeseburger animal style just to make sure I got my fill for the year.

After flying through some twisties (that I couldn't photograph while driving), we made it.

And there was this amazing car! I immediately wrote it off when I saw the M badge. Until the hood was popped and I instantly knew I had been a bit hasty with my judgement.

Most of the time that wasn't spent driving looked something like this:

Beer, awesome people and a campfire.

On one of the drives we piled into the tuna bucket and found this valley that had been strip mined. Pretty crazy looking to see a whole valley chewed into nothing but piles of rock. Gold is a hell of a drug.

Now, normally I take a lot more photos. But, I was too busy shooting video and hanging out. I'm starting to put together some of my timelapses and videos. You can expect a video next.

To everyone that was there, it was an amazing time. I truly had more fun than I've ever had at another car-related event. It was pretty damn amazing!

Comment

Cool pics. There are several places in Montana and the Yukon I've seen that looked like that last photo-riverbeds dredged for miles.
                        Where are the e21's?? Need more pictures if you have them.

Comment

Cool shots. The cabrio is looking shmexy, I think it is time to look into that garage build ;)
                          Jesse's fresh paint looks great too

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                          Bluebird Bus Conversion
                          New Oregon Trail

Comment

More photos are on the way, once I get off work and get unpacked. I'll start sifting through the video and get on putting something together. I managed to get some GoPro video while we ripped through the mountains.

There were some of the best, tight, banked corner roads that I've ever driven on. It was canyon carving heaven.

Yeah Steven, I need to build a garage ASAP.

Comment

How about some more?

Comment

Working...
                              X