How much is my '88 325e worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is my '88 325e worth?

Just trying to see how much you guys think I can sell it for. It's a 1988 325e with approx. 200k miles, 5 speed.
    Newer tan leather interior but the driver side bolster has a tear in it.
    Interior needs some tlc, rear view mirror has been dislocated.
    New front windshield and passenger window.
    Power windows work. Replaced front valence.
    Cracked fogs.
    Oem suspension with unknown 16" rims.
    Needs 2 rear tires.
    Has a brand new full Pacesetter exhaust, rebuilt stock head, ignition tune up and fuel filter.
    Paint does have sun fading on it.
    No AC condensor.
    New brakes
    Guilbo has been sheared and does not drive but engine runs strong and tranny is still shifting perfectly. I just don't have the proper equipment to get under it and replace it safely.
    Some pics.

And it sitting next to a buddy's 2002
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Id give you 1000 probably.

-NICK

Comment

That is a 88, so it has the new body style meaning you can swap plastic bumpers without mods to the rear. It has the Super ETA engine meaning with a b25 head(885) and b25 intake manifold and 173 ECU. Then you can have the best of both worlds from the upgraded Jetronic harness.

I can see with some bottle caps and replacing it with stock interior fetch about 1,500+ Plastic bumpers and some tasteful wheels 2k+ easy. It is a 5spd with a nice overall body. Depends on the paint, if that is polished up and nice I can see 3k.

So with some sport seats, b25 top end swap, plastic bumpers and some bottle caps could land you nicely at better than 3,500.

Interior: 200-500ish
      Engine parts:300-400
      Bumpers-100(junkyard)-350ish
      Nice bottle caps could be as simple as trading those shit ugly wheels.

IMO you have the best e30 base model made. Body makes it easy for plastic bumpers and the engine is better than the 325e or the 325i. Just change the head, intake mani and ECU. New water pump and timing belt and you're done.

Why even sell it? In a week you can lower it and do all above and have a really REALLY nice e30.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I'm currently unemployed and I'm looking for something more reliable. Trust me I know all the perks to having the 88 325e "super eta". That's part of my spiel on craigslist ha. I'm just debating whether to really sell it or hold off on it for now until I get a job, use my newer pontiac as a daily (which sucks cause my gf is using it as a daily too) or just get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
          I'm currently unemployed and I'm looking for something more reliable. Trust me I know all the perks to having the 88 325e "super eta". That's part of my spiel on craigslist ha. I'm just debating whether to really sell it or hold off on it for now until I get a job, use my newer pontiac as a daily (which sucks cause my gf is using it as a daily too) or just get rid of it.
          Keep it, that is a really nice e30. Time will come when you can get it sorted. I have been battling life(money, living expense etc) while building a track e30 with no penny spared. Overwhelming and at times I was down and out, don't worry it comes around though! and having a car to build on is such a joy.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
            Keep it, that is a really nice e30. .
            I second this.

The money you will get from selling it is not even worth it.

Comment

I assumed it was the guilba cause it shared the same symptoms. I looked under there to confirm, guilba is new. Shit! Then I spun the driveshaft with my hand even bigger shit! I looked down by the diff and the guy who owned it before me didn't tighten the bolts from the axle shafts to the diff, so my shaft was limping down preventing any power going to the wheels. Whew! So It's a simple few bolts to be replaced and a new tire. So I guess I'll be keeping the shit box:D
              Last edited by slaterd; 08-03-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I would say TOP dollar would be $2,500, but real world I would put it about 15-1800 with the problems you listed to a non-enthusiast.
                My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

LOL, you don't deserve that nice new house man, give it to me now!
                  Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Don't keep it !... people on dedicated forums will always tell you to keep the car :)
                    But everyone has their reasons for the break up.
                    There are people who determine the price of their cars by how much effort they put into it and i feel sorry for those. I see cars on craigslist for sale for a year sometime. I've seen a few that were updated for sale for close to 2 years.
                    There are prices you set for the cars you need to sell in a a week in 3 months and in up to a year.

So what your car is worth depends a lot on how fast you want to sell it.

There are people that want to sell their car for 3000 and list it at 5000 thinking that that's how much someone plans to negotiate. Best advise for you is to set the minimum and stick to it. Mention it's the lowest accepted offer. If you want to sell the car fast, you don't need people that like negotiating.

Don't under-price your car too much cause you'll collect all the flakes from craigslist.

Don't keep it. If you need the cash you'll get 1000$ for it.
                    With all my regret guys, there are e30 in better shape that go to the crusher. And the marker is not that easy here.
                    Get your Injectors Cleaned HERE

Comment

@MEPEH

To me it sounds like this guy just does not have the tools/work area to work on the car, which is why he wants to sell.

Every car needs maintenance done, so no matter what he does (sell it and buy a diff car) he will never have adequate space.

Keep the car. fix the tiny little cheap problems you have and just drive it. Even if you do not mod it.

Comment

Sorry, but if you have to sell your 1k $ car to get out of problems, you're probably in deep shit . The guy just needs cash.
                        You can't keep a car forever, sometimes you're just bored. Sometimes i change the car before i get to burn a tank of gas on it :) To each it's own. Some ppl want to try all the cars on the planet (like me and hopefully that's OP's reason too)
                        Last edited by MEPEH; 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM.
                        Get your Injectors Cleaned HERE

Comment

The fact is, if he sells it for $1k what kind of car will he get with that, that is MORE reliable than this e30. Close to nothing.

You can keep a car forever, or at least until you die.

The money he will spend getting this car fixed vs selling this car and putting towards another, most likely shittier, car is most likely a big difference.

A few drive shaft bolts is nothing.

And if he has to see how much he can get for it, then it seems like he wants to keep it.

With that said. I would pay no more than $1500.

Comment

Took a better look at the axle. It needs to be replaced. Apparently the joint that mates to the diff is made of extremely, extremely thin aluminum and became distorted thus not being able to mate to the diff plate. Should I replace the whole axle or just the cv joint? Axle = $365.00 where joint and boot kit =$56.00?
                            Fuck my life

Comment

What backseat is that..?

Comment

Working...
                              X