E34 throttle cable fitment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 throttle cable fitment?

So I have an e34 throttle cable for my s52 swap, but it looks like either the cable or throttle body piece is wrong. I dont see a bend in the cable that i hear talk of. Any insight? Pix of cable and tb

Thanks!

here is how mine looked like

Comment

My cable for example. Same as bzboardz.
      "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

e34 cable wouldn't work for mine, I had to go to an e36 one. Mine is OBDI S50 though

'87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Ive used the E34 cable in every swap ive ever done without issues. And OP thats not an E34 525i cable.

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

What is the p/n for that bendy cable? The one I found searching, for e34 m50 looks just like mine in the diagram -- no bend. and it doesn't adapt to my TB

35 41 1 160 609

mine looks like e30rapidic 's with the straight metal piece where it attaches-- again a no go for the curved TB bracket

edit: looks like its obd2 vs 1 issue, I have an obd1 TB at home i believe, I'm going to try that with a new cable ordered...prove the part diagram false lol. I must have gotten a different one the first time.
            Last edited by cormier; 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Will an obdI s50 use the e34 cable? Or is there a better alternative?

Comment

I'll let you know lol -- obd2 is what I have pictured I believe and it mounts differently to the cable

Comment

I used the E34 as well, but it is a bit too long. I just had to play with the routing.
                  I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Here ya go. Just did this for mine. Worked perfectly
                    1989 M3
                    2008 135i 6sp

Comment

Thanks. So I have indeed ordered the correct cable which is good. I'm still wondering about the TB side. I'll know
                      Monday.

Does anyone happen to be running my style TB (obd2?)

Comment

I am running OBD2 throttle body with the 90 degree bent E34 cable. It held my throttle open too far at idle but a little adjustment to the rubber holder and it was good.
                        "Bayerische Motoren Werke - freude am fahren."

Brandon {Current: 1991 318iS, 2007 328i, 2014 X5 xDrive35d | Past: 1992 525i, 1997 528i, 1999 540i}

Comment

Thx dude. My confusion was only that the cable I have has a straight piece that doesn't fit in the obd2 holder... I think the e34 90 cable should be good then :)

Comment

i have a e34 intake man. and my e30 cable worked with slack to spare no bending of any kind... is the throttle body diff on e34?
                            sigpic
                            Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

i have obd1 s50, and e34 cable. no problems

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                              RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Working...
                              X