Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 Vert 5 speed NC $2200

Price Drop: $1500
    Hey all I have my latest project car, an 88 converitble 325i 5 speed for sale.
    I bought it with a snapped timing belt, and have been restoring it for the last several months. I replaced the head with an 885 head bought here on R3V, had it cleaned up for install, installed a new headgasket, timing belt/tensioner, water pump, spark plugs. Running like a champ now. It has a magnaflow muffler on it that is a bit loud for my taste but some might like it. Also replaced the brakes pads/rotors and master cylinder.
    The top is in good condition minus that it has separated from the framing at the rear window bottom corner, i'll post a pic further down. Comes with 5 basket weaves, there is NO RUST that I can see, seat uphostery in good shape, carpet is grey due to the tan being really in bad shape when I got it and I replaced with what I could find, I actually like the grey very much. Leaky steering rack was swapped out with good unit.

Could use work:
    suspension is pretty worn out, A/C not hooked up, missing the aux fan switch plug housing on radiator side, the sensor is there, but the 3 wire plug is not. She's in good shape, with a few dings here and there, and some passenger door clear coat peel, and the pass fender took a small hit near hood at some point.

Shift knob, boot, window switches all back in now.
    Last edited by Brinkley; 10-03-2012, 06:33 AM.
    I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

More pics:
    Pistons cleaned, new gasket:

Head prior to install:

Installed:

Crack free dash:

Top:

Comment

Pass side:

Comment

Interested in trading for a street bike??

Comment

No thanks, looking to just sell. To anybody else make offers! Bumps.

Comment

taken today:

Comment

I thought there would be more interest in a 5 speed vert. Am I asking a bit too much? I would take $1800, I am moving before long and can't take 4 cars.

Comment

I think its a good price. GLWS.

COTM

Comment

Interested! Call/Text Tyler @ 704-290-8077

Thanks!

Comment

Left you a message, thanks!

Comment

Ok I'd like to sell this car. I think that 1500 would be a pretty good price. Yes, it is not perfect but at 1500 I would think that it should worth at least that.

Comment

Did you reuse the hex head bolts ?
                        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                        Alice the Time Capsule
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Good work, really good price, too bad its so far away, GLWS

Comment

Working...
                          X