Custom Made Wood Shift Knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Made Wood Shift Knobs

I have begun producing and selling custom made wooden shift knobs. Right now each knob is made of oak or cherry wood and hand chiseled on a lathe. Because these are hand carved every knob is slightly different, and can be made to order. I currently have 4 stains in-house that I am using and I'm looking to add more.

You decide the shape and size you'd like to have made. Obviously if you are out of state I'll do my best to take photos and keep you updated on your order before shipping. I want you, the customer, to be happy. But as customers, you do have to remember these are hand made and fitment varies.

A few examples of my work to date:

I can make your shift knob as short as 3 inches and as tall as you'd like (most people opt for a 4 inch shift knob but I have turned out a few as tall as 6 inch).

Right now there are a small handful of shift knobs already in cars running around Atlanta. I've also got a handful down at The Consignment Shed for anyone who may want to swing by and check them out. If you'd like to see one in person please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to find someone close by to let you see what I've got. Hopefully a few of the guys will pop in with their reviews of the products so far. Personally, I know I love the feeling of having real wood in my car.

FITMENT:
    Because these are custom made and hand made, fitments are not exact. I've had a few of the knobs fit onto stock BMW shifters perfectly but most have run a bit loose. I'm opting to continue boring at this size because it is easier to make a loose knob fit correctly versus having to have a knob redrilled. One layer of electrical tape is plenty to give your shift knob a nice snug fit. More than that and you risk cracking the knob.

PRICING
    These are hand made and custom ordered. Prices are going to vary depending on complexity, finish, size, etc. That being said please understand that I DO want to talk to you and find a deal that not only is acceptable financially, but gets you a product you really enjoy.

My 5sp 7-Series is the one pictured above. It's really nice and I enjoy it. Anyone that gets a ride loves it as well. Best part is I seem to always get discounts from the prostitutes I pick up when I am ridin' fresh in my 7-Series. YMMV.

Comment

Yes.

Prostitutes love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nygdup View Post
        Yes.

Prostitutes love them.
        Any interest in helping me make a shift knob for a E21 to match the Alpina's one's that are no longer available?

Having a hell of a time finding one in decent condition, if so shoot me an email.

thanks,

Cavan

Cavanok AT yahoo.com

Comment

Email sent.

Comment

PM me on a price for the darkest looking ones shape but I would like a lighter wood.

Thanks,
            thirdlobe 318is build thread

BMWant.com

Comment

Originally posted by thirdlobe View Post
              PM me on a price for the darkest looking ones shape but I would like a lighter wood.

Thanks,
              PM sent.

Comment

Screwed around a bit last night, came up with this. It's not my best work, but I like it.

Comment

I'm interested, can you make one in a shape very similar to this?

Also, can you make a cutout in the top to allow for the gear emblem? PM me with pricing please. I would like a darker colored stain to match my nardi, which is this:

Also, how do these install? Do they just slide on the shift rod and not click in at all?

Look forward to hearing from you!
                  Last edited by CubbyChowder; 01-20-2013, 01:03 AM.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                  --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Horrible photos.. but got a few more done this week.

Comment

Custom cut and sold today! Thanks for the business CubbyChowder.

Comment

How much for something like this to match my nardi wheel?

89 e30 by m_colby, on Flickr

Ive got a wooden bmw one now but the colors/stain are way off.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Received mine today, it looks great!! I can't wait to get my swap done so I can put it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura View Post
                              Received mine today, it looks great!! I can't wait to get my swap done so I can put it on!
                              Glad to hear it! Be sure to send me pics when it's done, eventually I'd like to have a webpage with customer photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X