FS: CA 1985 325e Diamond Schwartz Metallic, 2 Door, 5 Speed, SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: CA 1985 325e Diamond Schwartz Metallic, 2 Door, 5 Speed, SOLD

Car has 140k miles and counting (daily driver). Odometer was broken when I got it, so maybe a little bit off, but not too much. I have carfax printout for it. The car is fun to drive, just sticks to the road! Pictures don't do the car justice, looks even better in person. Great gas mileage around town and on the freeway.
    The bad:
    -leaks a little oil
    -paint on front bumper cracked for some reason, only visible up close
    -transmission bushings need to be changed, have parts
    -shifter bushings need to be changed
    -there's a leak inside the car, I could not find where the water is coming from when it rains
    -carpet is ripped under the gas pedal
    -AC does not work, slight leak somewhere
    -No stereo or speakers, but all the wiring is there. Have some speakers that will work.
    -Two cracks just developed on the dash
    -Driver side door has to be locked from the inside
    Car has salvage title, I have pictures of the accident.

The good:
    -FRESH PAINT! I have pictures of the whole process: sanded, dents fixed, primed, block sanded, sealed, paint and clear. PPG clear, not cheap.
    -5 speed
    -I have a non vanos M50 that you can have with the car if you are interested. No accessories or valve cover. Has e34 oil pan.
    -tires have about 80% left
    -bilstein shocks with racing dynamics springs
    -newish control arms
    -interior is in good shape for the year except drivers seat has some tears, dash just developed two cracks, and the shocks in the seats are no good
    -sport seats
    -euro rear bumper
    -plastic front bumper and updated valence with Volvo lip
    -easily gets over 25 mpg http://www.fuelly.com/driver/olegkre/325e
    -I have a box of spare parts from a parts car and a set of bottle caps with tires
    -Water pump, new radiator, timing belt, new idle control valve, new fan clutch, new thermostat, valve adjustment and valve cover done around 134k
    -Heater works, all 4 speeds
    -Oil maintenance light works, replaced the indicator with a updated one.
    -Have a few extra oil filters

Asking $3450 obo. SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Last edited by Aleg; 03-15-2013, 10:43 PM. Reason: Sold

Its always bewildered my as to why no one fixes their odometers. $25 for a couple tiny gears seems high but its such an easy job.

There is a link on here for water leaks. Could be a very simple fix or could be a rusted out floorboard.

No speakers at all? So those modified door cards have nothing under the speaker grille?

Car actually looks pretty nice. For some reason I like those door cards.

GLWS regardless.
    West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
    ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Thanks, I have to look into the water leak issue again because I checked it out and could not find anything. Floorboards look good.

I have speakers that will work, I will include those, I may throw them in if i get some time. The wiring is there. PO removed the sound system completely, but left all the wiring in.

Comment

Clean car man! GLWS
        Is the title branded "rebuilt"?

Comment

Yes. In California it will say "Salvaged"

Comment

Originally posted by Aleg View Post
            Thanks, I have to look into the water leak issue again because I checked it out and could not find anything. Floorboards look good.
            Where are you finding the water? If your floor boards look good could it possibly be the sunroof seal? Once those stiffen and crack they are shit for keeping water out.
            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
            '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
            '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
              Where are you finding the water? If your floor boards look good could it possibly be the sunroof seal? Once those stiffen and crack they are shit for keeping water out.
              I installed a brand new sunroof seal, but I though those aren't supposed to keep all the water out anyway? I thought the tubes are supposed to drain any water that gets in through the seal?

The water collects in the rear passenger quarter panel, in front of the rear wheel though, not in the trunk. When it gets enough in there it spills over to the rear passenger foot area. I looked around when it's raining and i could not see where it could be coming from. Seals look good. Maybe i will double check my sunroof drains to make sure those are draining properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleg View Post
                I installed a brand new sunroof seal, but I though those aren't supposed to keep all the water out anyway? I thought the tubes are supposed to drain any water that gets in through the seal?

The water collects in the rear passenger quarter panel, in front of the rear wheel though, not in the trunk. When it gets enough in there it spills over to the rear passenger foot area. I looked around when it's raining and i could not see where it could be coming from. Seals look good. Maybe i will double check my sunroof drains to make sure those are draining properly.
                I would do that. On my previous e30, the sunroof seal was crap and would allow water to leak into the headliner because the sunroof drains couldn't handle it all. We had to test it by pouring water on it to see what would happen. Check all your drains to make sure they aren't clogged. I haven't heard of water draining into that area before though
                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Working...
                X