Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 1st came and went. This is the legacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 1st came and went. This is the legacy?

Good day R3v. The community that has been awesome.

Flame suit on

Okay, I've been having to deal with a lot of **** on my plate recently. Back in November on Thanksgiving weekend my life took a turn when my significant other of 5.5 years decided to leave me and with her went the dog. It was shortly after moving up here to go to Michigan tech. It was devastating and to this day still is. Something about this girl has kept me holding on and it's not healthy for me. I have no idea why in my head she's so special, but there's pretty much nothing that I can do at this point.

Then In January, my grandfather passed away. He was the only biological grandparent I knew. This was something I was not expecting, and with him, a large portion of family went too. Kicking me when I'm down.

So living up here in isolation where I have no real friends, in this new house all alone. These past 5 months have been, by far, the worst I have ever endured. I have a few close friends, and a lot of friends a good distance away that have been helping quite a bit, and I thank them immensely. I also know this whole situation pales in comparison to many people. But that's besides the point.

But, I have not been happy. I have not had a good time. It has been merely dealing with snow, Some snowboarding, and continuing school. This whole time my grey ponderingbrainmatterjuices have been flowing. I have 4 more weeks of this semester, and I can leave for a while. I have to move on from my ex, and continue to live a life I want to lead. So, I'm taking this summer to really determine where I want to go. If I want to go out and get a job, Come back up here and finish my school, Etc. All I know is I'm single, not tied down. And every moment I spend up here right now is driving me insane. There are so many people to meet (Especially women), and I plan on doing EXACTLY that. (Alone, or with new found friends).

Early May, I will be heading out towards Fort Collins CO. Below is a tentative map. I would absolutely love to meet people from on here and make new friends during my travels. So if you'd like to meet the legendary TurboJake, Seller extraordinaire, the snow chomping mammoth, and introduce me to more friends (especially beezies), and let me crash on your couch for a day or two. It would be such an awesome thing to do and I would be extremely grateful for everyone helping to make a hell of a trip for me.

I'm getting the car ready for this while finishing off my semester. A lukebox is on the way so I have more trunk space. A roof rack is being sought out so I have roof space. It's going to look like garbage,but it drives A-OK. It's an E30 after all ;). This is its destiny while under my care, and very well may be its last hurrah.

CURRENT stops being made (Not in order):
    Appleton Wi
    Madison Wi
    Eau Claire Wi
    Sioux Falls SD
    Fort Collins CO
    El Paso Tx
    Hermitage TN
    acolella76 - Atlanta, GA
    89AlpineM3 - Tuscon, AZ
    SchizophrenicMC - Dallas TX
    Keith - Birmingham, AL
    Spike68 - Birmingham AL
    Sideways_S12 - Las Vegas NV
    Agent - Hermitage (Already going to be there. Bonus!)
    Danny - Solano County, CA
    Lambo - FoCo (probably)
    Albuquerque30 - SF Area
    MR E30 325is - Flagstaff AZ

Meeting up if find someone to stay with:
    mcr_driver - LA (I might have someone)

EDIT, short list of possibles (Fill in more blanks people!) so I can keep track of people and places.
    asdfg68plus1 - Tampa Fl

And coming to a stop for an extended stay at my brothers in Philly, PA.

This route is NOT set in stone. I'm MORE than willing to travel much further out, even out to Cali if there's enough places to stay at and people to see. But the absolutes are the Fargo, and Fort Collins. Throw up your location if you think you're in. I'll try to work things out and get an itinerary set up.

Let's make this an adventure R3v. I know you won't let me down. Below is a possible map. Let's fill in the blanks!
    Last edited by TurboJake; 05-29-2013, 11:10 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

I'll definitely be up in FoCo mid May-ish. I'm down around El Paso right now haha... kind of a dump. Can't say I'm a huge fan of this area...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

When will you be in Hermitage? That's close enough for me to make the drive so we can meet up for a beer.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        I'll definitely be up in FoCo mid May-ish. I'm down around El Paso right now haha... kind of a dump. Can't say I'm a huge fan of this area...
        I have an old friend from years ago down there. She's pretty boring, but it will be nice to see her. She would 100% agree with you that it's pretty well shit.

Originally posted by agent View Post
        When will you be in Hermitage? That's close enough for me to make the drive so we can meet up for a beer.
        At this point, all dates are pretty much TBD. I have 1-2 months to do this, maybe even more.. With just over 5k in the bank account. That's a lot of gas and McChickens. My hope is to not have to use a hotel during the whole trip. If need be, I do have some very rare E30 parts I can hork to make more fundage.

Adventure>Rare parts sitting around
        Last edited by TurboJake; 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

If you want to make your way to Cali, to see SF or whatever, I have plenty of floor space to help a brotha out.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
            I have an old friend from years ago down there. She's pretty boring, but it will be nice to see her. She would 100% agree with you that it's pretty well shit.
            Hence why I'm moving up to Fort Collins hahaha

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
              If you want to make your way to Cali, to see SF or whatever, I have plenty of floor space to help a brotha out.
              Deal, I'll keep you updated. I have friends out that way I'd love to see too. So what I'm going to do is start posting up people and places in the first post. So I can keep a record and plan this whole thing out.
              Last edited by TurboJake; 04-02-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Id offer to visit Birmingham AL, but it really depends on when it takes place. I cant really scope that far ahead yet, but if the timing is right when you come around, then I would be more than happy offer for you to stop by. Im one of those kinds of people who always has the door open to anyone I can help, especially on a big journey like this. Birmingham isnt exactly big city life, but its definitely a cool place to be now and then. Roads are fantastic, plus there is Barber Motorsports Museum, which an amazing Motorcycle museum with an awesome race track behind it, in which you can see from the windows.

I see you have a bit of a gap between TX and TN, so it may work out if youre interested. I just cant promise it as of now.
                I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Come to Atlanta, dood. I can definitely sympathize with your story. Having a significant other leave you like that will really fuck your head in all sorts of ways... I too know this from experience unfortunately, so I really admire you for doing this. Anyway, if you ever find yourself over this way and need a couch to crash on or just someone to talk to, give me a shout!
                  -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
                    Id offer to visit Birmingham AL, but it really depends on when it takes place. I cant really scope that far ahead yet, but if the timing is right when you come around, then I would be more than happy offer for you to stop by. Im one of those kinds of people who always has the door open to anyone I can help, especially on a big journey like this. Birmingham isnt exactly big city life, but its definitely a cool place to be now and then. Roads are fantastic, plus there is Barber Motorsports Museum, which an amazing Motorcycle museum with an awesome race track behind it, in which you can see from the windows.

I see you have a bit of a gap between TX and TN, so it may work out if youre interested. I just cant promise it as of now.
                    I'll drop you in the tentative list. Hopefully it will work out.

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                    Come to Atlanta, dood. I can definitely sympathize with your story. Having a significant other leave you like that will really fuck your head in all sorts of ways... I too know this from experience unfortunately, so I really admire you for doing this. Anyway, if you ever find yourself over this way and need a couch to crash on or just someone to talk to, give me a shout!
                    Totally adding you to the list. I've never been to Atlanta and really want to visit. I'm sure I'll get to fill you in on just how bad it was in due time. I'm only scratching the surface.

Comment

If you get near tucson, az and want to spend a few days with my full resto E30 M3 S54 project I can always use the help. I'm also the southern AZ BMW cca club pres.

Comment

Originally posted by 89AlpineM3 View Post
                        If you get near tucson, az and want to spend a few days with my full resto E30 M3 S54 project I can always use the help. I'm also the southern AZ BMW cca club pres.
                        Perfect halfwayish stop between LA and El Paso

Comment

Have 2 extra rooms in our new house and we can show you some good Mexican food :)

Comment

Take a trip down to Tampa! My house is a mess but it has plenty of couches. There's a good amount of people in the Orlando/Tampa area, so maybe we could arrange a fiesta for your arrival. We could have a grand ole time!

Comment

I wouldn't have a place for you to stay, but if you swing through Houston, lunch is on me. Good luck on your journeys.

Eloy
                              ------------------------------------------------------
                              1982 528e - Sold
                              1987 325e - Totalled
                              1990 325is - Sold
                              1997 540i6 - Sold
                              1991 325ic - Sold
                              2013 335i - Sold
                              2005 X5 - Daily
                              1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Working...
                              X