1989 BMW 535i Dinan Turbo FS/FT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 BMW 535i Dinan Turbo FS/FT

Vin: WBAHD2313K2091373. Clean title in hand.
    77,xxx miles
    $13,000

Rare 535i Dinan Turbo. Not a kit put on by some mechanic, she's the real deal. I gathered 1 of 15 built in Steve Dinan's CA shop, 5 were automatic. Originally from Delaware it was shipped to CA and had an intercooled turbo, upgraded suspension, brakes, upgraded Dinan exhaust, Dinan 3 vdo gauge(oil temp, boost/vac, volt) panel, Dinan turbotronic computers, Dinan floor mats, safegaurd knock detector system all installed and was shipped back East. The Hartge Type A wheels were reconditioned, and the tires are less than 2,000 miles old.

The car was previously owned by a performance shop owner. It has a recently rebuilt head (complete with 3 angle valve job) and rebuilt transmission (both <2,000 miles ago). When the trans was rebuilt the converter was loosened (3,000 rpm stall) and a shift kit was installed (common in automatic hot rods). Have receipts.

In his care the engine had been completely gone over including upgrading the injectors and install of a new fuel pressure regulator. All belts replaced. I have receipt for the trans and head work.

Clean inside and out. It's been stored in garage all its life, well maintained and it shows. It has had one repaint. There is nick or two in the rear bumper, one but the driver door handle and two or three small dimples in the body.

The turbo pushes ~12lbs of boost and pulls very hard with little lag. Even at 24 she remains world class fast. From the articles ~300whp feels right. Driven out of boost and she's pretty economical, ~25 mpg hwy.

Recent:

-PA Inspection

-A/C recharged

-New trunk struts

-New ignition switch

-New rear passenger door cable

-New rear control arm dogbones

-New front rotors

-Oil/filter change

It is what it is:

- FIXED, simple vac leak. The CEL will randomly come on with your foot off the gas as the air/fuel ratios battle it out between the main computer and turbo computers installed Dinan. It clears as you drive. Code reads lean at idle. In speaking with Dinan about this it was said "it is what it is". My mechanic and Dinan believe it's fine the way it is but it could be tuned out. I just don't have the time and its fine the way it is.

-The odometer was replaced at ~54k. There is a validation sticker on the door.

The car was recently driven on a 700 mile journey through the Green and Adirondack Mountains without flaw.

A new baby has changed priorities. Its more of a cruise missile than a twisty killer but regardless its a blast to drive. My wife and I rarely listen to music preferring the sweet sound of the turbo spooling. Its a wonderful car in super shape and I hope it goes to someone who will appreciate it. It will come with a framed original ad where I'm 99% sure it's the car in the picture.

Will work with shipping.

Pictures:

Explore jaypeakpow’s 28 photos on Flickr!
    Last edited by cliffhuxtable; 07-17-2014, 07:05 AM. Reason: picts link

link to pics does not work
    My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
    1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
    IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
    1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
      link to pics does not work
      Worked for me, you gotta copy and paste the URL.

Comment

Nifty setup. Looks great. Good luck man

Comment

Motivated to sell. Mommy wants a new grocery getter!

Comment

ttt

Comment

hey i cant see the pics

Comment

bump. pict link fixed and works. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93289116@N06/

Comment

Looks sweet glws

Comment

sleeper

Comment

BUMP. Had 3-4 solid sounding deals vanish without a soul looking at the car. No more internet tire kickers, Please CALL. Car to be auctioned at Carlisle Spring so get it while you can. I'd prefer to trade it for your clean E30 vert and some cash.

Comment

Seems like a great car. Too bad it's not a 5 speed. GLWS.

Comment

I have always thought about a turbo in my 91 325i coupe semiautomatic and people always say no. Now i have a reason to do it.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Car never made it to auction as a very popular BMW shop in Phila drug their feet and then told me they couldn't help me out until after this race season even after I made an appointment. Booo.

She went to Bill Boys at Possum Hollow Motorsports. As expected the CEL was a simple vac leak. She put down 273 at the wheels good for ~320 at the crank. Basically the same as when she left Dinan 25 years ago.

Tired of internet tire kickers and I'm done with it. I put it on a lot. It's at 3000 West Auto Sales in Eagleville, PA. It's in-between Collegeville and Norristown. Come take a look. You WILL NOT be disappointed. She is cleaner than my daily drivers and I take my shoes off to drive it most of the time to keep the original Dinan mats clean! Please contact Tom at 3000 West Auto Sales. (610) 630-2277.
                            Last edited by cliffhuxtable; 07-17-2014, 07:13 AM.

Comment

...for some reason I fail to locate the asking price. Can you please weigh in?
                              1997 328i - SOLD
                              1991 325is - SOLD
                              2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                              1991 318is
                              2011 328i xDrive
                              2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X