Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 318is slicktop. No rust. Runs. $1500. South Carolina.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318is slicktop. No rust. Runs. $1500. South Carolina.

It's a project, but it's a great project. I don't have the time, money, or motivation to make any progress on it, and I also need a wagon, so I've decided to sell.

Link to 38 pics. Yes, it's on a jackstand.

I purchased the car about 6 months ago and I've driven it maybe 20 miles in that time. Here's what I know is wrong with it right now:

1: The exhaust is disconnected after the cat. The cat has been hollowed out, as it was clogged. I have the pipe that runs to the muffler, but the muffler itself is junk.
    2: The power steering doesn't work and has no fluid in it, I do not know why.
    3: The AC belt is disconnected
    4: Some idiot put a trailer hitch on it. I do have the ball for it though if you need to tow one of those little tire trailers to the track or something.
    5: Front valence is pushed in and there is a bit of a wrinkle near the left rear tail light.
    6: Interior is pretty much what you'd expect.
    7: Gauge cluster is working but installation needs to be finished. I got parts.
    8: Total mileage on car and engine unknown.
    9: Minor oil leak, probably the oil pan but IDK.
    10: Missing a couple of wheel studs.
    11: Paint is...well, you see the pics.

Good:

1: NO RUST NO RUST NO RUST
    2: SLICKTOP SLICKTOP SLICKTOP
    3: Now that that's over with. It runs well enough, but I haven't driven it much.
    4: Fresh oil change, plugs, and filter.
    5: New V.C. gasket. Also cleaned the IACV thing.
    6: Has four pretty decent 205/14 tires, starting to dry up a bit though.
    7: Clear title.

On the whole this is a perfect project for someone looking to sink their teeth into a clean E30. It has basically unlimited potential and could easily be turned into a daily driver by someone. It's a great place to start working towards whatever your current E30 dream is. I'm only selling it because I believe it deserves a lot more attention than I'm able to give it.

I will try to get a video of it running and driving around the 'hood here soon. I would advise towing it if you're going any substantial distance, just to be on the safe side, but that's really up to you.

I looked for this car for a long time, and I know they are not easy to find. I'm going to make this money thing easy. I'm selling the car for $1500. Not $1480. Not trading it. I am not in a hurry. It will sit in the carport until someone comes and gives me 15 $100 bills.

Thanks for reading, and please PM me if you are seriously interested.

Car is running great now. Changed the fuel filter yesterday. Power steering seems to be working, also. I put some fluid in it and so far, so good.

The car needs a battery now; the one I had in it is fully dead. Feel free to bring your own.

Might get around to taking some pictures of it off of the jackstands.

Comment

Had one of these, fun car!

Decent price too! Best of luck!

Comment

Very interested, just don't have enough money at the moment...

Comment

She's now sitting in my driveway! Thanks for such a good transaction!

Comment

Working...
          X