Deadbolt Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadbolt Help

So, my car decided to deadbolt me. Anyone have any tips to help me out?
    Called the locksmith, they said "good luck, we cant help".

Thanks R3v

Car: 88 325is

Deadbolt side is the drivers side. Pass side is still vertical. Trunk is unlocked.

I'm at a loss.
    sigpic

So what, did your key break off in the drivers' lock cylinder or something? If so, the locksmith can extract the broken bit of the key. Then you can have the BMW dealership make you a new one based off of your VIN.

Comment

The key(thank God) is not broken. It goes in and out freely.
      sigpic

Comment

So what's the issue exactly? The key won't unlock the drivers' side door? or did it stop working while in deadbolt mode?

Comment

Anyway, you can (it's a bitch though) remove the door panel with the door closed. Once you've got the panel off, work the linkage to unlock the door. You're probably gonna need a new lock cylinder too.

Comment

So I put the best key in there, made sure it was center, and used the BMW pliers from the trunk to slowly turn the lock with the key. It finally unlocked. I put in some silicone spray in there to clean up the gunk/lube the mechanism, seems fine now.

What a nightmare.

Thanks R3v.
            sigpic

Comment

Cool. I'd still take the lock cylinder out (you can see most of the locking mechanism through the hole) and light that shit up with kroil first. Then check to see if you need to re-grease your lock cylinder or something.

Comment

Working...
              X