Best Friend's Mom Totaled My Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Friend's Mom Totaled My Car

+UPDATED January 7th: I FINALLY got a quote from insurance. They told me $1760 and the car is theirs, or $1320 and I keep the car. HELL NO. Just went onto autotrader and quickly documented a few late models going for $5k+ and e-mailed it to the insurance company. Hopefully they will come around.

I'm in a pretty sticky situation right now. Last night I went to stay the night with my best friend, and he has a big ass gravel driveway. I parked where I usually do (by his shed), but his mom was asleep when I got there so she didn't know to look out for my car as she backed out in the morning. She drives a big ass Jeep Grand Cherokee so I don't doubt she didn't see me. But anyways, long story short she slammed my car. I went by an auto body repair shop and they said repairs would cost about $2500-3500. I have little money saved up as I'm 17. So obviously $1300 is not gonna buy me a new ride. What do r3v?

Here is the damage

Last edited by anabolice30; 01-07-2014, 12:54 PM.

Fuck your friend's mom.

Seriously that doesn't look terrible. I've (had) fixed worse. You could do most yourself.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

My friend got hit in the same exact spot very recently, with similar damage, but he had it fixed. I am surprised they totaled that.

Edit: Reading your post again, you havent gone through insurance yet, have you? I doubt they would have already totaled the car when this just happened this morning. And "aparently" the insurance would give "like $1300"? Get an estimate to fix the car from the body shop, and talk to your insurance.
      Last edited by jhaurimn; 12-27-2013, 11:46 AM.
      Current:
      1989 325i
      1988 M3
      1987 325ic
      Past:
      2001 330ci
      2001 M3

Comment

Well we haven't had someone come out and look at it, but over the phone they told my friend's Dad they would just consider that totaled. I know I could probably fix that myself, but I don't think insurance would pay for that.

Comment

I was cut off in my Brother's vert years ago. He hit the ebrake on me and made me hit him. Anyways he got in trouble and we only got 700.00 for the damages. It looked JUST like what happened to you. I got a hood, fender and bumper from a local junk yard. Then got the new headlight setup for a replacement. Believe he spent roughly 250 for all the parts. Granted the hood did not match, the car was back in one piece in two days of gathering parts.

Take the 1,300...then search the forums/junk yards for a fast replacement and wait out color matched panels. You will make out on this.
          Last edited by F34R; 12-27-2013, 11:51 AM.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

But if I get $1300 and the car is totaled I have to give the insurance company my car don't I?

Comment

pics of mom, she hot?

and pretty much what F34R said, search for parts and patch her back together. Shouldnt be too bad. GL
              Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
              LSx e36TI coming soon
              Originally posted by s0urce
              Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                But if I get $1300 and the car is totaled I have to give the insurance company my car don't I?
                No you can keep it, it will be a salvage title though, which dosen't really matter
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

You should have the option to buy the car back. Make sure you do this. I would try and get as much from insurance as possible. If you dont mind mis matching body panels, you can fix this yourself for less than $1300.

Bummer this happened. Maybe you should try and get money from the parents to fix the car, if you want to avoid a salvage title. But with $2000 cars, it doesnt make much difference in the long run
                  Current:
                  1989 325i
                  1988 M3
                  1987 325ic
                  Past:
                  2001 330ci
                  2001 M3

Comment

Get more than $1,300 for it. Pull up adds, make a folder, and present it to the insurance company.
                    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

it looks like you just need a fender, hood, bumper, valence, headlight and grille.. if no frame damage is done I would tell your friends dad to give you the $1300 the insurance company says its worth (or however much they decide) and fix it yourself. You can get all those parts used for a lot less than 1300. You get to keep your car and a little cash let over, and they dont have to go through insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura View Post
                        it looks like you just need a fender, hood, bumper, valence, headlight and grille.. if no frame damage is done I would tell your friends dad to give you the $1300 the insurance company says its worth (or however much they decide) and fix it yourself. You can get all those parts used for a lot less than 1300. You get to keep your car and a little cash let over, and they dont have to go through insurance.

This, AND it won't have a salvage title, this is very important.
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

not necessarily. you'll have the option to buy it back from insurance. you'd have to talk to the insurance company about it.

Also, just read Brandon's post. I pretty much said the same thing. oops.

Comment

Why would anyone total that? LOL It is just panel damage, I hit that kid at about 25mph, totaled the SHIT out of his Mazda. I kicked the hood back into shape and drove home. Frame damage is all that matters, you did not get hit hard enough for that.

If you buy it back, I am pretty sure it would get a salvage title? I am unsure as I have never went through that. Just settle with his dad without insurance. DO NOT SELL THE E30! I would not involve the blood suckers. His wife hit your car, it is their fault. Do not try and take them, just get the parts you need and a bit for the time of replacing.

I would tell them 1k without involving the insurance. Get the parts(matched panels if you can). Then put the rest to upkeep of the car. That is the very least they can do after smashing your baby.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              Why would anyone total that? LOL It is just panel damage, I hit that kid at about 25mph, totaled the SHIT out of his Mazda. I kicked the hood back into shape and drove home. Frame damage is all that matters, you did not get hit hard enough for that.

If you buy it back, I am pretty sure it would get a salvage title? I am unsure as I have never went through that. Just settle with his dad without insurance. DO NOT SELL THE E30! I would not involve the blood suckers. His wife hit your car, it is their fault. Do not try and take them, just get the parts you need and a bit for the time of replacing.

I would tell them 1k without involving the insurance. Get the parts(matched panels if you can). Then put the rest to upkeep of the car. That is the very least they can do after smashing your baby.
                              That and shexual favors of the M to the I to the L to the F kind.
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                              X