2.7i Twin Turbo Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7i Twin Turbo Feeler

So I have a Twin Turbo Fabricated for an m20, all I need is an exhaust for it. Its two K03 Turbo's with an S4 Intercooler and a Split Second Fuel Controller. I was wondering if I should do an 885 head swap, my power goal is 350-400 Hp. I see that a single turbo is less head ache and more power, but I want to use what I have.

I have done research and the parts I will need for the head swap are
    885 Head (ported)
    I Intake Manifold
    60# Deka Injectors
    Mls Head Gasket
    ARP Head Studs
    IE 272 cam (maybe 288/284 Schrick)
    IE HD Rockers
    I Throttle Body
    325i Cps
    325i Dual Valve Springs
    I Instrument Cluster
    I Wiring Harness
    Do I need 325i Thermostat housing and new sensors?

I have changed the Head gasket before, but I am new to FI so i am still figuring out how a turbo system works.

Is there anything I am leaving out?

The upgrades are going on my 1987 325e

edit: would it be easier to just swap in a 325i Motor and be done with it?
    Last edited by wallyg; 04-28-2014, 09:30 AM.

awesome! Can't say I know much about the head swap but I'm doing the same thing turbo wise! Do you have any pictures of your setup? Here's a link to mine : http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161342

After my reaserch I would say you just need to rebuild the (swapped)head and the gasket with the studs would be enough, spend your money on a stand alone ecu rather then the cam
    Last edited by Grizzly; 04-28-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

IMO if you're going twinsies, swapping in the b25 is not worth the heartache for +20-30 hp. Plus the b27 is supposed to hold more boost.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
        Plus the b27 is supposed to hold more boost.
        There are quite a few misconceptions about the eta motor with an i swap being better for boost due to lower compression which is true in some aspects and not in others.
        Having lower compression makes tuning a little bit easier in the sense that the lower compression motor will not bet as affected by a bad batch of 91 oct.

As far as the 2.7i goes under boost its very similar in power to a 2.5i.
        http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...tio_with_boost

Comment

Working...
        X