- 1989 BMW 325is
    - Manual transmission
    - Working AC
    - VDO instrument cluster
    - Fresh oil change
    - 162,073 miles (may change a little)
    - Face to face sale in Austin TX
    - Asking $3,500 but feel free to make an offer

Though I don't want to get rid of my E30, I don't have room for it anymore and can't justify fixing her up to what I'd like, and am hoping someone can give her a good home for time to come. She runs solidly and needs only minimal work, and it's all aesthetics. I'll try to address everything I can think of about it, but feel free to message me and I will do my best to answer anything you'd like to know.

The body is in decent shape though it could use a new paint job. It has the standard wear and tear of old paint, but is otherwise in good condition. The previous owner (or the one before him perhaps) for some reason had the drivers' side quarter panel replaced in the front, though I don't actually know why, and the only indication that it was replaced is the paint is in better quality on that piece. There isn't any surface or frame rust anywhere in the car that I know of, which I've heard can be a serious issue especially around the battery. It also has the original locking hubcaps and wrench that go with them. The tires still have a great amount of tread on them so they shouldn't need to be replaced anytime soon. Spare tire in the trunk is also in good condition. It is missing a chunk of the black strip on the bottom of the valence and needs to be replaced as you can see in the photos, but the rest is in good condition.

The engine runs smooth and starts up quickly without issue. It's had all new belts and hoses within the last year and a half, and had a radiator swapped out as the old one had a fairly serious hole in it, though it came from a 5 series I believe. The clutch slave cylinder and the fuel pump were replaced with about a year ago and haven't had any issues. Transmission and clutch are both still going strong. Majority of repairs I've done since I purchased it have been done with OEM pieces, though I don't know about work done before I purchased it. Oil was changed Sunday in preparation for sale, so you're good to go.

The AC actually works way better than I've heard they're supposed to in TX, so it's definitely got that going for it. The previous owner had "a huge overhaul done on the AC" as he put it, and it's been switched over to R-134a so I assume that's what he was referring to (I'm really wishing I knew more about what HE and his previous owner had done to it). It still has the original sunroof motor and window motors in it and they all still work.The VDO instrument cluster and the 13 button works correctly though I had to replace the lights in the light bar behind the 13 button, and they were replaced with bulbs I got from Radioshack and soldered into the board. There is obviously an after market head unit for the radio with a line in (standard AUX cable) and CD player.

The only issue with warning lights is that it seems to think the brake lining is shot, though I believe it's a broken connection somewhere as the pads themselves are still in decent shape. I'm not sure if a mechanic or someone monkeyed with the wiring when replacing pads or something, but it's never been a big enough issue for me to try to track it down. Relays in the cab lights work fine so they time out correctly, though the passenger side is missing a bulb. The cab lights don't sit entirely flush with the roof liner and sag a little from the top. The leather interior is of course in a bad way; yay Texas! I had the windows tinted about a year ago and it carries a lifetime warranty on it (I'll send you out with the paperwork for that) so it shouldn't be getting any worse as far as UV damage goes.

The rear toolkit is complete, has the original jack/iron and tow hook, as well as roadside warning sign and complete and unopened first aid kit. I have three keys for the vehicle, one being the small metallic wallet/valet/"some other fancy French word I don't know" key. Door locks work and engine code functions properly. New front and back BMW emblems.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of information or something, so I'll update if I think of anything else. Feel free to ask anything, or shoot me an offer. I prefer texts or emails as I work a lot, so feel free to message me (David) at 512-694-567(eight).

It's only letting me upload 5 photos at a time, so you can find the rest of them at this link. I made a photobucket just for this. I'm hoping linking outside is okay

Attached Files

Seen and worked on the car in person. It would be a good base for someone to fix up. There's brackets and labels on the car I've never seen on an E30 before. They're usually missing by this point. The mileage is true and all the vins match. If it was a sedan I would be all over it.

I helped install the M42 radiator shown. I installed all new coolant hoses, vacuum hoses, and intake gaskets. The car is great runner. It truly is rust free, even in all the usual places. It needs a few things, but is all cosmetic as he said. I wouldn't hesitate to buy. GL David!

Comment

Very interested!!! Hopefully we can make a deal

Comment

Sold!

Comment

Working...
        X