Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD 1990 325i Sedan - Immaculate - State College, PA

1990 BMW 325i - $9900

If you are looking for an outstanding E30 sedan, your search is over. This vehicle has been in my family for almost 15 years, and in that time it has always been garaged, hand-washed, and meticulously maintained. All major service has been performed at BMW dealers using genuine BMW or OEM parts and fluids, with regular oil changes using Mobil1 synthetic oil and OEM filters.

We are the 2nd family to own the car. It was originally ordered by a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States military and picked up in Munich, Germany under BMW’s European Delivery program. After a brief drive in Germany, the car was shipped to the United States by boat. It stayed in the original owner’s family until May of 2000 when it was purchased by my family with 54,564 miles. Since then it has been lightly driven on a regular basis mainly for pleasure, never seeing heavy use or abusive driving, gradually accumulating miles to the ~105,000 on the odometer today. I have all service records for the entire life of the car, dating back to the original customer order slip for the car in 1989, and including several documents in German detailing the European delivery and shipment to the U.S.

The car is effectively completely stock with only a few extremely subtle upgrades to augment the classic look and driving dynamics of the E30. Any repair or upgrade has been done with the intent of keeping true to the original spirit of the car. If a newer part can improve the quality of the car while still feeling period-correct, it has been installed. If the original part still does its job well, it has been left alone. Mechanically the car is in exceptional condition and will run all day long without a hiccup. The entire drivetrain is completely stock. All maintenance is completely up-to-date; this car needs absolutely nothing. Inside this car is an absolute time capsule, with the whole interior being near-museum quality.

The driving experience is at once effortless and engaging. Even the most mundane errand becomes a fun trip when driving a classic like this. This car is everything a BMW should be, and continually reminds you why the E30 will always be the measuring stick against which all other BMWs are judged. Every control works exactly as intended, the engine sounds fantastic, and it’s difficult to believe this car is almost 25 years old. It is equally at home coping with city traffic, carving corners on back roads, or cruising at high speed on the interstate.

There are only a few things that remind you this is an original, unrestored, 25-year-old car. The air conditioning no longer blows cold air due to insufficient refrigerant, but honestly it’s more entertaining to just open the windows and listen to the engine anyway. The system could be refilled or retrofitted to a newer refrigerant but I’ve elected not to because the car just doesn’t need it. The paint is starting to show its age slightly with some clearcoat haziness in certain areas, only noticeable in direct sunlight.

Included with the car is a huge collection of original BMW brochures, repair manuals, tools, spare parts, and a fitted BMW car cover, as well as all of the parts necessary to return the car to 100% stock condition if you prefer. There are far too many items to list here. You’re not only buying a car, you are buying into the E30 experience and acquiring years and years of accumulated E30 lore, knowledge, and hardware. I know mine is not the finest E30 in existence, but it is a fantastic example and stands head and shoulders above the vast majority of those on the market, so don’t miss out on this chance to own a special car. If you can find a better E30 than this you should absolutely buy it.

Original Equipment:
    · Dolphin Gray metallic paint
    · Black leather interior
    · 5-speed manual transmission
    · Limited-slip differential

Updated Equipment:
    · European smiley headlights (original headlights included)
    · European headlight grilles (genuine BMW parts, original grilles included)
    · Eibach Pro-Kit springs (original springs included)
    · Bilstein SP dampers
    · is-model front valance (genuine BMW part, original valance included)
    · Smoked turn signals and side marker lights (original parts included)
    · Blaupunkt Toronto CD stereo unit (original radio included)
    · Stellar keyless entry system
    · Bavarian Autosport custom-fit floor mats with “325i” embroidery

Recent maintenance (within last 5k miles):
    · All service brake rotors and pads
    · All springs and dampers, and relevant hardware
    · Valve cover gasket including all four rocker shaft plugs
    · All tires balanced
    · Full alignment performed
    · Oil and filter changed
    · New wiper blades
    · Headlights replaced
    · Full interior and exterior detailing including clay bar polish and paint sealant

Recent Maintenance (within last 15k miles):
    · Timing belt
    · Water pump
    · Thermostat
    · All belts
    · All hoses
    · Coolant
    · Brake fluid

MORE PHOTOS: https://picasaweb.google.com/1001989...47/1990BMW325i

Feel free to PM or email me for more info!
    Last edited by dkraige; 09-20-2014, 07:07 PM. Reason: Sold

Beautiful....GLWS

Comment

I like it, will be a good indicator of market conditions.

Comment

That is just gorgeous! Almost makes me want a sedan over a convertible. That is clean!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! Really a fantastic car, so fun to drive. I'll be totally open with potential buyers because there's just nothing to hide here, the car speaks for itself. I love it and I hate to sell it, but I have too many cars and I need to free up garage space.

Comment

One day I will find a sedan as beautiful as this one. GLWS! This is a gem for sure.
            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

absolutely fantastic. my facelifted brethren! hoping you get your asking price :)
              1987 Delphin/Black BMW 325i & 2016 Mineral Grey/Terra BMW M235i
              BMW CCA #485408

Comment

And the car located where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet!!

Comment

State College, Pennsylvania.

Comment

Had I not bought one last week I would have happily purchased yours. Great car.

Comment

Beautiful. Elegance redefined.

Comment

For your price I think you might limit your southern buyers with the a/c not being functional. Nonetheless, it's a beautiful car and I truly hope you get every penny.

Comment

Well let's leave that to the buyers to determine, shall we? ;)

Comment

They've determined :). Looking forward to it Dave!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X