Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAtuned e30 Coilover Group Buy! (ended, round 2 started ^^)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAtuned e30 Coilover Group Buy! (ended, round 2 started ^^)

Hey guys and gals,

Offering a group buy on CAtuned coilovers, with two types being available.

The standard e30 setup as shown here, they are 32-way adjustable and come with everything shown in the picture. They do need to be welded to the front spindles (cut the old strut tube leaving a few inches of tube on the knuckle, they slide over and are then welded to the knuckle). You can get you car very low without sacrificing travel as the coils themselves thread into the body, so you lower the entire coilover not just lowering the spring and thus also losing shock travel, same goes for the rear shocks.

They come standard in 7kg (392lb, m3 are 8k) front, 8kg (448lb) rear, shocks are dyno matched to ensure they are properly paired with the springs.

If we can get a minimum 10 people to commit, cost is $950 shipped to the lower 48 states. Can ship to overseas but addtional shipping cost will apply.

The next type available is much more race oriented, these are the true rear coilover type. The rears for these coils eliminate the divorced spring setup. Be advised you must reinforce the rear shock mounts and towers to run these coilvers, you will also need to do a little clearancing on the inside rear as well so the coil dosnt rub the frame/inside strut tower but this is very minimal.

These come standard in 10kg front and 12kg rear rates, again wtih dyno matched shocks. I run these on my drift car and absolutely love them, ride quality is amazing both on and off track.

Price for true rear is $1,330 shipped to the lower 48, again overseas shipping is avail at additional costs.

Finally, here are a few pictures of the coils on my own car. I have previously ran BC's and they worked well for me but comparatively the CAtuned coils blow them out of the water.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, also if you live in the NYC area i can recommend a shop to weld the coilovers to the front spindles and can assist with install.

If your local to CAtuned they also offer install for $425 which includes removal of old suspension, install of new units (typically a 6-8 hr job and can be done in one day).

Optionally you can send in your own cores to be welded for $120 with no extra charge for shipping, new wheel hubs are also available for $120

Before anyone asks, seals are made by NOK, internals are Swiss and housings are Taiwan. Final inspection and assembly is done in house at CAtuned.

Lead time is 2 weeks from the date all coilovers are paid for, if youre interested please add your name, type of coilover (standard or true rear). Front knuckles must be 51mm

*CLOSED*

1) Amoehlau (std) (p)
    2) rdreas (true rear) (p)
    3) brett_duenas (std) (p)
    4) ignite (std) (p)
    5)
    6) bmwsone01 (std) (p)
    7) dr.pella (std) (p)
    8 ) e30hawaii (std) (p)
    9) gotaloveRWD (true) (p)
    10) project535 (std) (p)
    11) mbonanni (Std) (p)
    12) darkodin6926 (p)
    Last edited by FLG; 11-19-2015, 10:38 PM.
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Interested, shipping to Canada?

Comment

I'm interested, but not in just yet. payday coming soon ��

Comment

Originally posted by iignite View Post
        Interested, shipping to Canada?
        Yep not a problem, usually it's about $120-$160 usd but will be about $70-$120 as you will only have to pay the additional costs incurred to ship to Canada not the cost of shipping in the US + costs to Canada.
        Originally posted by CENTURION View Post
        I'm interested, but not in just yet. payday coming soon 😆
        Sounds good man! Keep me posted.

Comment

;d

Founder @ Maintenr. Take control of your vehicle maintenance.

Comment

Damn, I wish this had started next month. If it's not full by 7/3, I'm in!
            1992 325I Convertible
            sigpic

Comment

Can you get a higher spring rate on the true coils? I was hoping to get 12k 16k

Comment

Originally posted by Rdreas View Post
                Can you get a higher spring rate on the true coils? I was hoping to get 12k 16k
                I will ask Igor, realize that not being divorced spring the rear is quite stiff at 12k.

Comment

What did you end up doing to reinforce your shock mounts and towers?

Comment

What did you end up doing to reinforce your shock mounts and towers?
                    Vac weld in for the top mounts and then a plate on the side with a bar welded to my roll cage. I'll grab a pic but if you don't have a cage basicslly plates on each tower with a strut bar welded across will do.

Comment

Of course this has to happen when I'm broke.

Comment

Here's a few pics, I previously had the trailing arms reinforced. Though I have never seen that as a point of failure even with the true rear coil, the amount of work is so minimal it's worth it just as some insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by norcal325 View Post
                          Of course this has to happen when I'm broke.
                          Sorry lol might be a bit before we fill the list though

Comment

So do we need to put a deposit down to reserve a spot? And does the group buy have to fill up before they get shipped?

Comment

So do we need to put a deposit down to reserve a spot? And does the group buy have to fill up before they get shipped?
                              No deposit but yeah all spots need filled to get em for this price.

Also we could do those rates if you'd like, just be advised it will be quite stiff.

Comment

Working...
                              X