Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Jobs – Tristate (NY NJ CT) Where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Jobs – Tristate (NY NJ CT) Where to go?

Hi guys, I've been stashing away some cash and thinking about doing a full respraying on my zinnoberrot 325i this coming spring.

I've called a few shops in upstate NY and have been getting outrageous prices for a full respray... I know good jobs don't come cheap but, I've only come across places saying they do "show quality" jobs... for anywhere from 10k - 20k :shock:

Any of you north-eastern folks know of a decent shop in the area that isn't maaco?

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Tom

I found shops saying the same thing... Not at that price, though.

Offer to bring in your vehicle stripped: trim, glass, bumpers, headlights, rubber, etc all off. That should save time which saves money.

Down here I get about a 4500 guess. Same thing, we do top notch quality talk.. Like they are sending cars to Barrett Jackson or concours de elegance.... Then offer MAACO if they get a vibe you are shocked.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      I found shops saying the same thing... Not at that price, though.

Offer to bring in your vehicle stripped: trim, glass, bumpers, headlights, rubber, etc all off. That should save time which saves money.

Down here I get about a 4500 guess. Same thing, we do top notch quality talk.. Like they are sending cars to Barrett Jackson or concours de elegance.... Then offer MAACO if they get a vibe you are shocked.
      Thanks man, I'd consider 4500 as a max budget. Appreciate the response!

Comment

I never asked a shop how much it would be to repaint a e30..But Im currently ~$3,200 in my respray and my brother is doing it. We sanded all the paint off down to bare metal. There is some 'custom' things done like changing the fender/door/quarter molding to be like an M3, antenna hole filled in and windshield washer nozzles filled in. I had to remove everything off the car (bumpers, windows, trim, ect). I even have been sanding and be out there to help with bug control...

But it is beyond show quality IMHO. Yea its been a year and a half but its not like Im going to drive it everyday when its done.
        Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 08-10-2015, 12:17 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

I paid $3500 for my respray, but that included dent repair, and full removal of glass, doors, trunk, hood & fenders for repainting. Show quality imo...but DD it.
          www.instagram.com/snwmble
          #snwmble

Current:
          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

If it were I, i would look for a small town shop that's gonna do your show quality work for maaco price. I am lucky enough to have a paint shop within walking distance from my house, they do a lot of stuff for some of the biggest national showcar events, and they priced me at 1200 for a full sand/repaint/clear, with some rust repair.

If you can find a shop, ask them for some of their previous work and go from there. Otherwise, if you want to do all the prep work yourself, and i mean ALL the prep work, strip the car find the "BEST" maaco in your area and take there. I say best because there are SOME maaco shops that do a decent job, and the reviews will show that, not all of them are awful. All of them will however paint everything on your car.. So like i said if you do the prep work, a $1000 paint job from maaco might suit your fancy.

I've seen a lot of really good Maaco turn outs, i had an 88 325is painted through them and its lasted me 2 years going on 3. Looks brand new!

Comment

check yelp.com and look at the ratings then call

Comment

Working...
              X