Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 325is M30B35 swap Transmission question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 325is M30B35 swap Transmission question!

Im in the middle of gathering all th parts needed to this swap and i bought a M30B35 engine and transmission, E34 throttle cable, and a E28 535i radiator to get started, and i am hoping that the m30 tranny is what i needed to do this swap? can anyone help me with this? thanks

Yes, if the tranny came with the engine, that will work. You will either need to swap your output flanges from an m20 g260 or find a big giubo driveshaft from a 328i e36 or early eta.
    '86 Delphin 335i turbo -
    '88 Schwarz 325i -
    '94 w124 e420 -
    Turbo m30b35 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by PimpinWalrus View Post
      Yes, if the tranny came with the engine, that will work. You will either need to swap your output flanges from an m20 g260 or find a big giubo driveshaft from a 328i e36 or early eta.
      This is correct. I decided to swap my transmission output flanges. No driveshaft modifications necessary. For what it's worth, the e30 throttle cable works perfectly with no modification.

Also, the M30B35 uses a dual mass flywheel from the factory. A singlemass flywheel and accompanying clutch kit from any M30B34 (and a few other specific M30 variants) can be swapped in. They'll noticeable improve throttle response and remove a lot of rotating mass from the drivetrain.

For example, I chose to go with a lightened B34 single mass flywheel and a Sachs (OEM) clutch kit for an e28 m5. HIGHLY recommended obviously: relatively cheap, factory driveablility, zero custom bullshit, and plenty of holding power for N/A or even low boost.
      1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
      5-Speed Swapped
      M30B35 Swapped
      MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
      260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

Working...
      X