Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody been in contact with Luke (stereoinstaller1) recentley?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why I just wasted a solid 15 minutes flipping through this shitshow but here are my impressions:

-sadness

GAS has been around for a long time here. I infact have one of their vertboxes in my E30 vert, and it's really...really good.

I can't believe really nobody has stepped up and acknowledged Justin throughout this. Justin, you did great work... sure your hands touched my box (TEEHEEHEE) and well, it's great knowing you've met your boundaries and please do feel pride in you heading back home to find yourself. I wish you the best.

Luke, I dealt with you one on one over the phone. Infact, I think I was the very 1st vert box to be sent to Canada. (unless I'm still the only one?)
    Our interaction was just fine- you said what you were going to do, it was sent on time as promised. When I had questions about components, you certainly took the time to help me out make the right choices.

what I don't understand is the attitude displayed on the forums...perhaps it's the saturation of people expecting everything, for nothing and it's finally catching up to you.

I do bid you the very best in future endeavors, and great successes.

-Ryan
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Just so you guys know Luke is now homeless.
      His business and life had already taken a hard hit when they lost their last shop and had to move into a new one. Now he has to leave his home and clear the shop out.
      When ever you guys bash on a small private business please be aware you could litteraly being driving some one out of house and home. And when you take the side of some one like the e46 box lady please know the customer is not always right. Everyone who has sold stuff online or anywhere ells knows that every so often you get a problem customer and there is no way what so ever to make them happy. Some people are just like that. She more then anyone ells is responsible for driving Luke out of business and his house.
      I hope she is happy that she had ruined some ones life for a bit because of a few hundred bucks. I hope she drops dead.
      I know Luke is difficult some times and has some strong opinions but no small business transaction is worth what's happening to Luke.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
        His business and life had already taken a hard hit when they lost their last shop and had to move into a new one. Now he has to leave his home and clear the shop out.
        When ever you guys bash on a small private business please be aware you could litteraly being driving some one out of house and home. And when you take the side of some one like the e46 box lady please know the customer is not always right. Everyone who has sold stuff online or anywhere ells knows that every so often you get a problem customer and there is no way what so ever to make them happy. Some people are just like that. She more then anyone ells is responsible for driving Luke out of business and his house.
        I hope she is happy that she had ruined some ones life for a bit because of a few hundred bucks. I hope she drops dead.
        I know Luke is difficult some times and has some strong opinions but no small business transaction is worth what's happening to Luke.
        I'm sure this lady is not the cause of Luke going homeless and losing his buisness. There's a series of events that need to happen over a period of time for a person to lose everything they have. Things like these don't happen over night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Jesus...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

If a single complaint over $100 worth of shipping charges can put someone out of business then what type of business are they running?

You are correct, the customer is not always right. I have people that purchased my product and voiced their disapproval. There is only one solution: I just tell them that if they don't like what I have made to send it back to me, I'll even pay for the return shipping. Problem is solved. No need to debate over who is right or wrong. Customer doesn't like it, refund their money and move on.

However, projecting your issues onto your customers is wrong. If you are unable to deliver, then do not take someones money and then delay providing a refund if something goes wrong. If you can fulfill the order then keep the customer informed and in the loop. 90% of the time the customer will understand that there will be unforeseen circumstances and all they want to have is some communication that someone didn't disappear with their money.

I have a custom gauge project going on right now that is almost a year in the making. I promise to deliver and I will, however, if the customer feels I am taking too long then I have always provided the option for a refund upon requests. I do not hold someones money hostage. This is how you build trust as the end consumer now can only base their buying decision on how you do business and your reputation. To throw 10 years of grinding work to establish your name over a shipping charge is ridiculous.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

While I agree it sucks to have this explode to this level, and see the issues it has caused, I 100% disagree with your statement that "she ruined some ones life for a few hundred bucks."

Luke and GAS has allowed this shit show to continue to the point it spilled over into the forums and Internet, all for a few hundred bucks. It's on him and GAS.
              He allowed this to happen to this level, all for a few hundred dollars.

If he didn't have the correct jig to build the box, he never should have made it, and definitely should not have shipped it.He should have been honest up front. What did he expect to happen?

Once it was found to be completely wrong, he should have either eaten the return shipping cost, or just had her scrap it. Hell, he could have acted better and said sell it on for cheap, and she could send him the cash for it. Then he build and send her a new one.
              The value on the box is in the design and labour, the materials are not worth the shipping cost, so why spend the money on shipping a useless box?

We all have had to swallow our pride and eat dirt at times to maintain a business. No the customer is not always right, but that customer can cause a lot of damage if they have a legitimate beef, and you handle it poorly. Is it worth being "right" if it costs you everything?
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

She more then anyone ells is responsible for driving Luke out of business and his house.

I hope she drops dead.
                I paid Luke $375 which is just as hard for me to earn as it is difficult for him to earn. He knowingly guessed on the box dimensions and did not tell me so until after the box didn't fit. We agreed for him to make it right. I contacted him once a month for four months. Then he cut off communications (phone, emails, PMs, texts). By all appearances, I had every reason to believe this dude ran off with my $375. Luke refused a refund, claiming he spent the funds on materials for the 'next' box. Six months in, still no box - yet Posts indicate he's selling boxes, amp racks, and PCNs.

You're being over-dramatic to say I caused his business to crash and for him to lose his home. I just don't believe it and I don't see how you can draw such a conclusion. And you believe I need to drop dead? Luke is overly dramatic and it appears you are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                  I have them in my E38 I agree. I asked them about the E30 and I personally dont think they think there is a good market there right now due to their stuff being fairly expensive and the owners now willing to pay that kind of money. Maybe as many more of these cars get restored the will change their mind.

Yea, every time, i am watching a movie on my tablet, or a comedian, while im "working" sounds like Im in a Mini home theater.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

So Steady330 you've posted four times since my proposed solution, and responded to other subsequent posts. Do you find it an acceptable resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Hartge30vert View Post
                      So Steady330 you've posted four times since my proposed solution, and responded to other subsequent posts. Do you find it an acceptable resolution?
                      I am and have been open to any solution. GAS is who needs to offer the solution. The original 'solution' was to wait for a replacement. I patiently did so for four months, then GAS quit communicating - and I was only reaching out once/month.

1. A refund would work
                      2. The proper box would work
                      3. I could even wait longer for either 1 or 2, but GAS abruptly and without explanation quit communicating

It's been six months and I don't have the box, nor am I going to ever see my $375.

Luke mentioned he has sold 1,100+ boxes, but my 1 box ruined his business. I'm being scapegoated....

Comment

Great. We're halfway there. If I understand correctly he has an e46 on it's way to use for measurements and fitting. This is a required element for him to make a box this unique and mail it across country.

The ball is now in his court. I would really like to think he'll now do the right thing and solve the problem.

Comment

Wow the further down the rabbit hole things go the more this guy seems like a volitile flaky asshole,it's a shame because his E30 boxes looked like a great option.

Comment

Or??????

Step 1: Go buy a butt load of Top Ramen. Go ahead a fill up the cart (I prefer the Chicken flavored ones) you won't be eating out for a month or two. Or three.

Step 2: Go on Craig's List. Find a bunch of people with in a 30 mile radius selling a e46, and send them a message like:

"Hey, I build sub woofer boxes, and if you want to make an easy $100(or a HJ?), let me borrow your car for 2-3 hours - I can come to you, or you can come to my shop, blah, blah, blah."

Step 3: Cut some MDF, glue, carpet, blah blah blah $20? Ship it out $80? $200 bones total.

Step 4: Don't be an ass.

Step 5: Have a proper "going out of business sale", make enough money for your deposit on a new apartment. Then buy a really nice polyester suit for a sales job, and start a new life. Blah, blah, blah.
                            Last edited by george graves; 06-17-2016, 08:52 PM.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Hi guys. Long time listener, first time caller...

I've known Luke for the better part of a decade. I believe we met when I was about 16 or so. Always been interested in a clean sounding system and naturally, got lured in by the preciseness and clarity of his systems, especially the ones that were on a tight budget. Those were always the most interesting to me. Anyone can make good components sound good. Working with less than $250 in product (sans the box)? Damn! The man works wonders in car audio, that is for damn sure.

He did the system in my Eleanor and it is absolutely my favorite part of the car. It's fast, it's loud, it's low, but none of that matters if I have to sit through a multiple hour long road trip with subpar sound. That just doesn't work for me. I can listen to anything from Jazz to Metal, Pink Floyd to Dubstep and it puts a shit eating grin on my face, with every song that comes on. He will be doing my mtech cabrio here soon enough. A lot of people don't realize how important a good stereo is until you've listened to one. Having someone who can achieve that (even for those on a tight budget) and that knows these cars as well as they do is a big plus in my book. Luke is a very valuable asset to this community and has always been willing to help anyone.

Sadly, we are all human, and we all fuck up. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control, such as the OP of this thread taking Luke's product and filing a claim, keeping the box and the cash and basically telling him to go fuck himself. To a big company? They write it off and move on. To a (basically) one man show? Money like that to small businesses that work off quality vs quantity can really set them back a lot. It can potentially start a chain reaction that very well could leave them homeless. If any of you haven't ran a small business before, you wouldn't even begin to understand a fraction of what it takes to keep this moving forward on a daily basis. Can you guess where I'm going with this? Luke and Justin have to be out of their home tomorrow. For those who haven't had to the opportunity of being homeless, it is a very horrible feeling. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Oh, and there's the issue of the woman and the E46 box. I'm very sorry for the outcome of your transaction. It's not optimal for either party. I can't speak for what happened between the two of you because only the two of you know what happened. What I will say is slandering his name and business definitely isn't the way to get anything from him. Luke is a reasonable guy and genuinely cares about his customers and it shows. Halting or preventing future sales for them isn't going to get you your product or your money back any faster. All it will do is drive them even further in the ground and then bye bye GAS. No more killer sound for anyone.

So, for anyone interested in a box, but have second thoughts after seeing this thread, please don't hesitate to buy one. It's the best money you'll spend on your car without question. There have been hundreds of happy customers over the years. Again, I don't know what exactly happened between "Steady330" and Luke, but I hope that you can give it some thought and make a decision to help two e30 nuts to get back on their feet. If anyone deserves a break, it's those two. They bust their asses 7 days a week and have for years. I know that feeling all too well and it's not fun, but you do what you have to do in this day and age we live in.

Godspeed, my friend. I hope things look up for you. I know I've been saying that for a while, but I really do hope something changes for you guys.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That's a good note on which to end the thread.

FWIW to the masses, I've asked the OP multiple times for proof showing that Luke has in fact been paid. He's responded to my messages, though he hasn't provided what I've requested. I think we can all agree it would be very easy for him to show me an Amex statement with any sensitive details masked, while it's all but impossible for Luke to prove that he hasn't received the funds.

That said, this thread has run its course until something changes.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X