Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 325i Meticulously Maintained ($5k OBO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325i Meticulously Maintained ($5k OBO)

******************SOLD******************

Hello all.

I would drive it to Seattle tomorrow. Drove it from SC to CT and back last month with no issues. I'm only selling to trade over to a e30 325ix AWD for when I move to upstate ny from Columbia this coming fall. The work I've done to this will be the to do list for the next car - I really hate to see it go!

The car has been my daily driver in SC for the last 5 years and still is. I have two planed trips up to NY/CT area this summer and don't mind swinging through to show it to anyone interested. I'm Looking for a 325ix trade, $5k or best offer.

325i in great condition, meticulously maintained - timing belt done in last 6-7k miles! Oil change (Lubrimoly OEM synthetic) and accessory belts last 1k. I have most of the records for work on the car, but I am missing some of the receipts for work I've done. Just less than 260k, still driving, still runs great.

No cracks in dash! Cruise control works! Automatic mirrors work! Clutch and brakes still have plenty of life on them.

Exterior: 8.5/10 (I'm VERY particular)
    Interior: 9.5/10

There is one accident - a lady hit me pulling in parallel parking (insert Seinfeld joke here) and broke a sidemarker - skuffs buffed out.

Below is a list of things that have been replaced in the last five years(75-80k miles) off the top of my head, I am certainly missing a few items.

-Ground Control Camber Plates
    -Bilstein Shocks
    -H&R lowering springs
    -Replaced tie rods, sway bars, sway bar links and all bushings
    -Z-3 Shifter Conversion
    -Replaced Guibo
    -Replaced Shift Joint
    -Added Keyless Entry
    -Scorpion Exhaust
    -Catalytic Converter Replaced 2yrs ago
    -Replaced all exhaust gaskets (including header)
    -Replaced o2 sensor
    -Matching Kenmore Head Unit
    -M Steering Wheel
    -K&N cone air filter
    -Rebuilt, larger injectors
    -HID headlights - have parts for fog lights I just haven't gotten around to it
    -Smoked Tail lights
    -Updated side markers
    -Roof Rack with Thule fairing and bike attachment
    -$2k+ Rust Repair (fiberglass patch), Body Work and Paint 5 years ago - still pretty good except hairline crack on hood
    -All trim refreshed when body was painted
    -Leather Bra
    -Rear Lic. Plate Filler
    -New Emblems all around
    -New gas cap
    -New Cap/Rotor/Plugs in last 10k
    -2 yrs ago - new ignition coil and plugs
    -Battery &< months old
    -Valve Adjustment
    -Replaced valve cover gasket
    -Passed smoke test
    -Replaced odometer gears (no lapse in mileage covered)
    -Replaced new wiper motor
    -Replaced Anti-lock brake relay
    -Replaced Wiper relay
    -Replaced throttle position sensor - stomp test works in this car
    -Replaced throttle body gasket
    -Replaced Fuel Filter
    -Replaced Fuel pump
    -Replaced Temperature Sensor
    -Replaced Thermostat
    -Replaced Vacuum hoses with silicon hoses
    -Replaced Coolant and Washer fluid level checkers
    -Replace timing belt, water pumps and all relevant gaskets - VERY dry up front
    -Replaced belts with OEM 1-series all weather mats in front and plush bavauto in back
    -Added keyless entry
    -Tires < 1 yr old ~50k left on warranty (always aligned, rotate and balanced)
    -Replaced subframe bushings, engine mounts, transmission mounts
    -Replaced sunroof gasket
    -Replaced clutch cylinders
    -Replaced clutch stop
    -Replaced back speakers
    -Replaced Antenna grommet

All the cons I can think of:
    --Mechanical--
    -AC broken (parts are ~300 to revamp the whole system, labor is expensive)
    -Engine temp gauge is 1/8th of an inch off you can see it when you start it up
    -Check engine light pops on at stoplights sometimes at stop light - goes away as soon as you hit the gas
    -Wipers stick in lowest setting when it isn't wet (replaced the wiper motor, the stalk and the relay)

--Exterior--
    -Hairline crack in paint on hood
    -Some chips on hood from before I installed leather bra
    -Very few minor imperfections - small spot I resprayed on lower valance, not too noticeable

--Interior--
    -Half inch tear on the drivers sun mirror not visible when the sun visor is up and minimally noticeable even when it is down
    -Hairline crack in drives side pocket in door
    -One of the lights is out in one of the window switches - I think I might have an extra laying around
    -Digital clock gets wonky sometimes but if you press a button it goes away

Last edited by wcipolli; 07-09-2016, 04:50 AM. Reason: SOLD

Looks like a solid car and solid price based on the work you've put in it. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

I'd like to see a picture of those headlights in action! Glws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car than win by an inch because someone else built it for me... Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book."

-MOOG

Comment

I think I'm going to try and get to the fog lights next weekend then I'll find a nice night picture for you all (hopefully it will sell before then.)

I've had a couple PMS about the rust repair, after a good washing I'll post some pictures of the spots that were repaired there's no bubbling. That being said, the car for most of its life was a New England daily driver and you can tell when working on it. Though theres no rot things like replacing subframe bushings and swapping out the exhaust was more annoying than it should be. I had to weld a new exhaust hanger mount in there and used a lot of pb blaster doing the subframe. The idea that you'd never have to touch something someday on the car in terms of rust might be optimistic for any e30 but all the problems on this one have been addressed to date.

As seen above I really like to tell it how it is when it comes to this sort of thing - having bought several e30s I know how straightforward i wish sellers were. In a way you're not just buying the car you're buying me!

*I stand corrected - I walked around the car and gave it a good look all over and there's one spot where there's a crack on the passenger side dog leg; it's on the lip going into the wheel well which is why I didn't notice it. The side facing outward when looking at the car was replaced with fiberglass so I can't imagine this is a big rust issue. Pictures to follow. *
        Last edited by wcipolli; 05-04-2016, 05:53 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

you sir are a stand up guy. damn, i really wasnt in the market but i might have to consider this given the ridiculously extensive maintenance!
          when is your next trip up north? I'm in stamford.

Comment

I'll be in NE towards the beginning of June - I now have two appointments when I do! I'd love to sell it and fly back to SC if it's not sold by then.

I got home early and set up the HID fogs. I just need to wait for the glue to dry and I'll install them tomorrow which means night shots for Friday!

Comment

HID fogs installed! I'll take a pic in the parking garage or tonight so you can see them in action. It was a lot easier than I made it seem by putting it off for a year almost weekend by weekend, haha.

Comment

A quick bump - mikeb23ft came to look at the car a couple days ago and really liked it but got an unreal deal on a different BMW!

Comment

fug im in the market for another E30 and this one is beautiful.

edit: Where in CT are you exactly? Im in Milford.
                  Originally posted by HarryPotter
                  not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                  Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

I'm in Columbia, SC but originally from New Haven. I'm supposed to drive up end of this month for a wedding but no AC has me taking a rental up.

I have two people coming in the next two weeks - if it doesn't sell I might be okay to make a trip up to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by wcipolli View Post
                      I'm in Columbia, SC but originally from New Haven. I'm supposed to drive up end of this month for a wedding but no AC has me taking a rental up.

I have two people coming in the next two weeks - if it doesn't sell I might be okay to make a trip up to show it.
                      ok check your pm's
                      Originally posted by HarryPotter
                      not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                      Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Working...
                      X