Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 328 M50B28 GTX3076 Turbo

Hi guys,
    I'm from Poland and visit your forum on daily basis, so I thought to share with you my story.

In December 2015 I bought another e30 (I've got already 3x e30, 3x e36, 2x e39). Plan was simple, buy something cheap, make it turbo'd cheap and have fun. Unfortunately e30 prices are going up slowly, so plan was changed on the very start Bought e30 1990, originaly 320 m20, with m50b25 inside.. not so very cheap, but body was straight and not so rusty.

Going back home I nailed some wild pig on the road (or whatever it was) so small damage was made.

Before I bought e30, got already some parts to my new project. So in first week of ownership my car was at my friends garage for new wires and Ecumaster EMU standalone.

Some other goodies were purchased. e36 323 compact rear, nissan s14 aluminium radiator, strutbars and other stuff.

Added some additional calipers to the rear hydraulic break and cutomized suspension mounts.

Some other nice stuff arrived.

New ISC Drift suspension/

And here the fun part begins. Turbo time!
    I've started from intercooler mounts, then all turbo instalation was made. Engine was stock, no other mods, no rebuild (at this stage).

Plan was quite simple for not very fast but strong in the middle range engine. Bought turbo from Subaru Impreza STi, which should make about 350HP and started the fabrication work.

Week later car was breathing with new lung.

Made few miles on it, nothing spectacular. And it was time to move out the head for some rebuild and thicker gaskets to lower compression.

And here.. houston we have a problem.

Engine block was cracked in 8 (EIGHT!) places on the water holes. Engine head was cracked on exhaust valve on 4th cylinder. Piece of junk.

I had some spare engine block and head so new engine was built! This time with m52b28 cranshaft, m52b28 pistons, m50b25nv rods. So popular here M50B28 stroker engine.

Wasn't very happy with the performance of the car. Turbo was too small and hi-revs were weak. So I bought new hybrid turbo. TD05-20g with CNC compressor wheel. Felt much better, still not perfect, but was fun.

Unfortunately.. 2 weeks later..

My new TD05-20g was done.. so made a bigger step i mankind and bought GT3582 turbo. I knew low-revs and middle-range will be bad, but it will be fast afterall.

Again.. fabrication work started. And week later GT35 was spooling.

Few other mods were made, some tune-up also. And here are the first test with passanger inside and too small tires at the back (215/40/17 federal rs-r semislick). Now we are running low-boost setup at about 17PSI. No drag-strip, just nice black road.

And some first action photos and vids.

Hope you like my 6-months e30 story. More to come soon.
    Stay tuned :)
    Last edited by Pat-325; 03-20-2017, 01:48 PM.

nice

Clean build man! very well done.

Comment

Turbocharged life.
      My GT3582 from the beginning was smoking some oil, made some oil-clouds form the exhaust. I put it out, and yes - oil on the exhaust side. Not thinking too much I ordered GT3082, today it came, was installed. Better spool, better throttle response, the same amount of power. Me like it sofar.

Comment

Nice story. In for more pics.

Comment

Much better sized turbo!
          Your oil feed attachment isn't quite safe in my opinion.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Yeap, I know. It's on my to-do-list ;)

In my previous car I drove 2 years with that kind of oil feed, without any problems. So I'm not very stressed-out about this.

Comment

Love the build man. What kind of rear valance is that?

Comment

what brand is that turbo?

Comment

Valance, really don't know. Bought it on auction without any info.

Turbo is JRspec GT3082R to be precise. It's some kind of local brand based on China products. So nothing from the top end of the turbos. There are in few options JB, JB + CNC, BB, BB + CNC. Maybe one day will buy something better.

Comment

New oil feed line - checked ;D

Comment

It's time to build some exhaust, 3" all way long.
                      And one shot after quick wash.

Comment

Few better, more profi, photos from last session.

Comment

New 3" exhaust onboard. Still GT3082, still 1.0b of boost.

Comment

Killer ride man! Just made it one of the cars that rotate as my desktop background.

Comment

Bad ass build, what 5-lug set up are you running in the front?

Comment

Working...
                              X