Preload CSB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preload CSB?

How do I "preload" the center support bearing. I gotta get my car moving by tm, some plz help me out here.
    Jordan, when he has nothing bad to say, he says nothing at all. Cuz he's way better than us, right?

push it all the way forward.

bolt it in place

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Why is this necessary?

Comment

What are the symptoms of a bearing that wasn't preloaded?
        I can't remeber if I did that or not....

Comment

I've been told by a few people a few different people, including Trent that it's actually not necessary. If you think about it, what purpose does it really serve? It says to do it in the Bentley manual, and I'm not going to tell anyone not to do it, but I didn't preload mine when I put it in as per Trent's suggestion, and no problems here, that was over the summer.

Comment

I never preloaded mine when I installed it originally, although my CSB had PLENTY of play front and back.

I have however seen a few other CSB's that need to be preloaded or they will only move one direction...

depends on the CSB I guess...

Comment

I looked at BMW repair instructions on webTIS and for both e30 and e36 it says: "Installation:
              Pretension center mounts in direction of travel 4 ... 6 mm (A)."

I guess I'll do it.

Comment

just remove the old csb, put in the new one, when you bolt it up put the nuts on loose at first, and as you tighten them hold the csb forward.
                Dan

Comment

Working...
                X