Ireland Engineering Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Engineering Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust System

There are enough questions about this that it deserves a review.

I have had the IE exhaust on my car for about 7 months now and I love it. I was looking for something a little louder than stock and with a good tone. The IE system fit my needs and wants exactly. It looks great and sounds even better. You can hear it inside the car occasionally, but not all the time. Not obnoxious at all. The install of it was extremely easy (just be ready to remove some rusty bolts). It just bolts right up to the cat and fits with the stock mounts. I would purchase new bolts and exhaust mounts because the old ones are likely to be rusty. The only other cat back system that would rival this one is the Supersprint. I have heard this one a couple times, but I don't have enough experiance with it to say which is better. The Supersprint is going to cost a couple hundred more than the IE. I feel that the IE is a great buy for anyone looking to upgrade the look and sound of their exhaust without spending a bunch of money and, more importantly, being obnoxious.

IE Stainless Catback on a stock M20

http://www.vitaldev.com/temp/IE%20IDLE.AIFF - At Idle

http://www.vitaldev.com/temp/IE%20Re...Footsteps.AIFF - Rev to 2500, 4500, 6000 (includes footsteps and me locking my car)

http://www.vitaldev.com/temp/IE%20REV.AIFF - Rev to 2500, 5000, Red line

sigpic

I'll agree with ya, I've had mine for about the same amount of time, and I'm very happy with it. I paired it up with a catless midpipe, but still have the resonator. It was very quiet (almost stock sounding) for the first few months, but slowly opened up a bit more. I like the sound now, it's got a good tone, and not too offensive.
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

I know of a group buy going on right now for the IE stainless catback system. PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Sssound clip?

Comment

I concur

I've had mine installed for about a year. When I bought it, Jeremiah from IE told me that after about 6-months it will sound a little deeper than at first installation. He was right.

Great product. Great price. Easy installation. Improved air flow/performance. Slight to moderate increase in sound (deeper not rice-ier).

Comment

Originally posted by BS87
            Sssound clip?
            Indeed! i searched for one but didn't find anything after 45 minutes
            Jay

Comment

I'll see if I can find a way to do one.
              sigpic

Comment

how's the sound compared to B&B triflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartge H26
                  how's the sound compared to B&B triflow.
                  Well considering the B&B is one of the loudest available, I would say the IE sounds much tamer in comparison.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

I have been very happy with mine. I have had mine for about 10 months now and I think the sound is great. Not too obnoxious at low revs, but has a nice sound when r3vin high. quality product from a good company. hard to beat the price also for a stainless catback

would recommend 10 out of 10 times

Comment

thats great. Mines sitting in my living room right now waiting for the the mounting kit to arrive. Only thing I can say is I got it for MUCH less than the advertised price :twisted: .
                      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

how did u get it for that price :D

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

EDIT: Soundclips added to original post.
                          sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to hear the clips, WTF plays those types of files? WinAMP tries but pops an error.

Comment

instead of posting clips like that you could have just said it sounded stock.

sound clips when the car isnt under load are useless, it will never sound like that while moving. nice effort though.
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X