Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top End Performance (http://www.racetep.com/)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top End Performance (http://www.racetep.com/)

Item 1 (long time ago)

I ordered a custom cam from Top End in August 03. I ordered a 274/274 11.5mm lift cam milled from a Shrick blank.

From time or order, till it arrived at my doorstep was about 1.5wks. Awesome. Prices was $325.

Item 2 (recent)

I ordered a set of custom made JE forged aluminum pistons for my 2.8l stroker.

I ordered them on Jan 4th 05. I was quoted 3wks until I would get them in my hands.

After 1 month has passed I called up and asked what was up. I was told that they should be onroute to my house.

2 weeks pass by. Still no pistons. I call Steve @ TopEnd again, and ask what is going on. He tells me he thought they had shipped, but that was a communication error from JE. Someone at JE messed up the final mill work on the pistons, and all 6 had to be scrapped. He told me JE was starting from scratch on a new set fo me, and they whould ship out to me in 2-3 days.

2 more weeks go by. Still no fucking pistons. I call back today (rather irate) and tell them to cut the shit and tell me what is going on of refund my CC the full amount immediately ($910) Steve tells me that they have infact shipped, and gives me a tracking number. I checked it when I got home, and it looks like the pistons will arrive care of UPS tomorrow.

When you give a company $910 I expect to get good service in exchange.

Is it TopEnd's fault that JE messed up the first set of pistons? No.

Is it their fault they were unable to communicate the delay to me?
    Yes.

They have my address, home phone, cell phone, and email. The pistons shipped out last week. Even after all this calling and inquiring... no one thinks to forward the tracking number.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Just a little update on this.

I finally got all the parts needed to assemble the engine back from my machine shop.

Once I get the engine together and started it makes a horrid noise. Make a long story short I pulled the head again, and saw the pistons were impacting the head.

JE fucked up set #1, and scrapped them. The fucked up set #2 and shipped them to me, for me to install and fuck up my head.

I had to grind metal off my head combustion chambers to make clearance for a messed up set of pistons. While I was there I recontoured the chambers in general. Should be a good improvement.

When contacted Steve @ TopEnd was understanding, but not in a position to do shit to help me. He said he will contact JE and ask them about buying me a headset (headgasket, bolts, other assorted gaskets that got ruined pulling the head)

Despite making it clear I didn't have time to wait around for an answer 35 hours have gone by, without any word from him or TopEnd. Steve always seems too busy to take my calls, and I'm asked to "leave a message" to which I get NO reply or call back to....

This whole ordeal has been a nightmare. I'm not sitting here on my hands waiting for $60 worth of parts to put the engine back together.

I will never do business with TopEnd or JE again. I suggest strongly you all do the same.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I know this is a really old tread. I googlet it up,so sorry.

I have problems with Racetep myself.

I ordered two sets JE pistons to my M20b27 stroker with turbo and a friends turbo.

They got all the measurements from me,i was using 130 conrods etc etc.

I finally got the package and start working on the engine.
      The C/R is WAY out of what i ordered!

I ordered 8:1 C/R and it is actually over 11:1 with 130 rods and 75mm(m20b25) crank.
      With the m21 crank(81mm) the head won`t even go on...

I contacted Steve... no answers at all. I even now he have read the emails,i got that confirmed by windows mail.

I`ve sent 7-8 mails regarding the problem with TWO sets. No answer at all.

Is there any customer support in US that can handle our cases?
      Last edited by Propan; 10-05-2008, 12:16 AM. Reason: Wanted email notification.

Comment

Gather some locals and physically go there :D

I was thinking about getting my block bored by them since they have a torque plate and they are local to me....but hmm makes me think twice...

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
        PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
          Gather some locals and physically go there :D

I was thinking about getting my block bored by them since they have a torque plate and they are local to me....but hmm makes me think twice...
          you will get good service in person. I had a head built for one of my 2002's by steve and was very happy with the experience.

Sadly, he is the kind of guy who doesnt give a shit after he has your money in hand...

Comment

Working...
          X