No announcement yet.

New Idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The design needs to be redone. Just extrude and rotate the stock bracket. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Im going to try and get a big shop to make them.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
    You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Has anyone ever hit up someone like Treehouse Racing (I've just emailed them) or Zionsville Autosport to make the mounts? Seems like a logical product for one of these guys to sell.

Comment

I realize that this is the wrong sub-forum, but I used the stock 6 series tranny mount in my E30 when I installed the M30... I wonder if something from the E24 or E28 lineup would fit the M50 / S50 swap?
        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
          I realize that this is the wrong sub-forum, but I used the stock 6 series tranny mount in my E30 when I installed the M30... I wonder if something from the E24 or E28 lineup would fit the M50 / S50 swap?
          I dont think those motors run at a 30 degree angle, and if it did, the trans for the 6 series would incorporate the degree shift and would be correct as far as your mounting bracket lines up.

The m20 sits at 20 degrees whereas the m50 sits at 30. (roughly)
          Old and improved:

Comment

i didnt' feel like reading everything, so what's happening with the brakets, i'm down for one

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
              i didnt' feel like reading everything, so what's happening with the brakets, i'm down for one
              This thread was resurrected from very long ago, I dont think anyone is making any. I do agree that someone should approach a big company such as zionsville, akg, or treehouse and give them this idea.
              Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
                This thread was resurrected from very long ago, I dont think anyone is making any. I do agree that someone should approach a big company such as zionsville, akg, or treehouse and give them this idea.
                It'll probably be a while, since my engine is still being built. But I'm going to have a bracket machined from a billet most likely. If I end up doing that, I may have some additional mounts made. But we're talking springtime.
                -Brandon
                '86 325es S50
                '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

I recently modified my bracket and it came out pretty well. I modified both the left and right sides as it should be done. I'm using 320i mounts as they are stronger, though I doubt it really matters.

I have a writeup with pictures explaining the procedures but I don't know how to post pics.

If someone is local to Aberdeen Maryland, I have a lift and they are welcome to check it out. Or if someone will help with the pics?

If, after viewing my support bracket, there is interest, I'd be willing to make a few of them for a very reasonable fee.

FWIW the tools I used to make mine included:

Cutoff tool
                  Drill press
                  Belt sander
                  Bead blaster
                  Mig welder
                  Tig welder
                  Plasma cutter
                  Large band saw
                  Large metal brake
                  Milling machine
                  Eastwood powdercoat gun

In hindsight, I wouldn't need the mill and probably wouldn't use the plasma cutter.

I'd prefer that someone see mine in person. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by dougsic View Post
                    I recently modified my bracket and it came out pretty well. I modified both the left and right sides as it should be done. I'm using 320i mounts as they are stronger, though I doubt it really matters.

I have a writeup with pictures explaining the procedures but I don't know how to post pics.

If someone is local to Aberdeen Maryland, I have a lift and they are welcome to check it out. Or if someone will help with the pics?

If, after viewing my support bracket, there is interest, I'd be willing to make a few of them for a very reasonable fee.

FWIW the tools I used to make mine included:

Cutoff tool
                    Drill press
                    Belt sander
                    Bead blaster
                    Mig welder
                    Tig welder
                    Plasma cutter
                    Large band saw
                    Large metal brake
                    Milling machine
                    Eastwood powdercoat gun

In hindsight, I wouldn't need the mill and probably wouldn't use the plasma cutter.

I'd prefer that someone see mine in person. Anyone?
                    I am sure there will be enough people interested to make it worth your time. For the pictures just click on the gallery tab on your screen and click upload pictures. Once you have the pictures uploaded go to your picture and copy the image tag....[/img]idsjfidsnjifsf[img]...(this thing) and put it into any thread.
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

it would be nice if someone could produce these mounts.;)
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Why do you guys want a custom bracket so badly when a combination of OEM mounts on the stock bracket will work? Just ask Trent...

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
                          Why do you guys want a custom bracket so badly when a combination of OEM mounts on the stock bracket will work? Just ask Trent...
                          I'd be keen to learn more about this. I don't know who Trent is though????

Comment

ttt Anyone with experience, please help us out with what you did for the Getrag 260 tranny mount.
                            S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                            What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                            Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

All right, I will make a few of them.

For my s50, I used green e28 M5 motor mounts on both sides of the engine and green e21 transmission mounts.

Not only did I raise the height of the drivers side of the tranny support, I cut the passenger side to give me the needed angle.

If someone wants me to make a support for them, I think I will need to know what engine mounts you are using and what transmission mounts you want to use.

I am planning a step by step write-up on how I fabricated the transmission mount. I have the pictures but little time lately to put it all together.

Let me know.

Doug

Comment

well i would love a write up it would make my swap alot easier. i have a extra bracket i can use so i would have not real down time. quick question did you use the e21 tranny mounts with the metal cup like from akg?

Comment

Working...
                                X