Anyone have a CruiseCam setup???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a CruiseCam setup???

If so, how do you like it? Thinking about picking one up this winter.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

I just purchased one used for $30, haven't used it yet, Very simple and easy mounting, only problem I can see is if you have a passenger in the seat you mount it on, you might get vibrations. I may be able to try mine out this weekend ussing my dad's ancient camcorder.
    Here are some pics of it installed

Last edited by rs4pro3; 11-16-2005, 10:29 AM.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Well I used the mount this weekend, and had a passenger with me. Worked perfect, gave a good view of the corner of the steering wheel, and tach and the road ahead. My windshield was filthy but the video was very stable. If I can find a place to host the video I'll post it up one here, or IM me and I'll transfer it to you.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I'd like to see the video. I am trying to decide between the cruisecam mount or a windshield/dash mount.

Comment

Originally posted by m20e34
          I'd like to see the video. I am trying to decide between the cruisecam mount or a windshield/dash mount.

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

I have a cruisecam mount, so does Ryan Stewart, I like mine a lot, vibrations aren't bad as long as the seat is solid.

-Dan
            never enough money...

'95 240sx base - RB25DET in progress
            '87 325ic - Project daily

Comment

i would like to get the suction one, that you can put on your roof, or the side, saw one for a 100 bucks but dont remember where from this guy has one with a corrado near me on ny, but its like the same one used by dubaudi, dont know if you have seen any of their vids, but they come out real well

Comment

I have a hi-res Bullet Cam from www.chasecam.com , and absolutely love it.

Comment

Always had good videos with the cruise cam, if your seat is solid or if you have an instructor in the seat it will stay very still and not shake much at all.

Comment

these work better if some1 IS sitting in the seat. otherwise the seat will jiggle... i put mine on the drivers seat, so that it would be nice and stable. worked out really well.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

sooo...when are you guys going to have a group buy for this? ;)
                      R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
                        sooo...when are you guys going to have a group buy for this? ;)
                        If someone sets one up - great. If not, I'll order one in the next couple of weeks.
                        Current Cars
                        2014 M235i
                        2009 R56 Cooper S
                        1998 M3
                        1997 M3

Comment

Working...
                        X