My ODD little e30 convert/coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ODD little e30 convert/coupe

Hey guys, this here are some pics of my car,...this is my first car, im +-20 years old, and i have a fealing i will be driving e30s and bmws for a while to come, they are awesome... its a fairly un-modded e30 (working on it, give me money and some time ;)) although i havnt seen any convertables like this on the forums here, (maybe i havnt looked hard enough... or i am dense) ... its not a full convertable, in that it still has a frame, a hard roof board which slides into a rack in the boot, and a fabric back section...

it is a 1989, 318i ... although i actually havnt seen like any other pics of this type on-line... am i just being stupid ? i btw, live in South Africa..

my car ^ :) i loves it to pieces...

^^ this is a pic of a Gear-lock, some of you guys didnt know what that was ??? ... its an anti theft thing ( i will when i have time , spray it black to match teh inside :p ) theft is an issue here, and i am prepaired to make the cosmetic scar, to prevent theft.

^^ this s the head-unit im running, i like the colour fit in the front pannel, doesnt stand out too much and kinda works me thinks... i am busy working on a 7 band EQ which i will be fitting into the clocks place :p

Some fusking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles slahed my rear-wind screen with a knife, no xmas eve this year :( :'( mother fucker : / ... its about a 12" cut, i have to now replace the back windscreen, what you see there is my temp. water proofing

this is the lock that is on the cross bar in the middle of the car, it holds the roof in place

i can drop the back roof and leave the top part on ..

havnt had time to give it the wash she needs... : /

while i was making the pics web friendly i got bored ...

ignore my lufly legs, ta :p ... this pic is just showing the cross bar and where the roof slots in ..... you might also notice the Cubby is missing ...oops, im busy with things there ;)

1600W 12" sealed box... all the bass i need really, not over the top, just right, and below is just a pic of how i mounted my tweaters..

im busy with a number of random assed mods for my car, i am going to spray the gear lock blackish grey, to match nice.

i took my cubby out because my speakers are all new, and the origional pannels are over the front and back ones, so you cant tell i have nice speakers, to stop theft, ect... the only thing you see are the tweaters, andy way, i need to dampen out the front left pannel, because the speaker cone hits the pannel and makes nasty sounds when i play too loud, also, im busy changing the cubby 12V power surply into some leds, (UV leds) and the front light will be purple or blue or uv, not sure yet, also going to change out the dials amke em white, and great custom ones in photo shop, also will change out the dash lights if i can.

also adding 7 band eq to where the clock is, gotta finnish making it first tho, and a whole host of changes are in the pipes.. anyway. thanks for looking, and any ideas would be welcome :)
    Last edited by Alluvium; 03-05-2006, 10:20 AM.
    sigpic

Nice car. Just remember: Shoes make the man.

Comment

your emergency light switch is upside down.

Unlimited Slip Diff's FTW!
      1972 240z Drift,Scca BSP, Scca ITS Car.

Comment

It's so weird looking at RHD E30's, the interior is like looking at a reflection, it's all backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by yozsi
          your emergency light switch is upside down.
          rofl omfg, i actually did not notice that : / ahahaha i was um playing behind there with the buttons, must have done that by mistake, oops :nice:

as for shoes, its a sunday i was washing my car :p was only wearing shorts anyways :p
          Last edited by Alluvium; 03-05-2006, 10:43 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Cool e30!

Comment

well.. no one has said it yet: its a BAUR conversion.. they buy stock e30s from the factory and make them into verts.

Julien
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is
                well.. no one has said it yet: its a BAUR conversion.. they buy stock e30s from the factory and make them into verts.

Julien
                so does that mean for all intents and perpouses its a straight 89 318i coupe ?

when i "de-coded" my VIN it said coupe, so im guessing its basically a coupe thats like 2 inches lower
                Last edited by Alluvium; 03-05-2006, 11:45 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alluvium
                  so does that mean for all intents and perpouses its a straight 89 318i coupe ?
                  pretty much
                  ^ most informative link i could find.

cool car. Baur's are 'neat', if anything.
                  -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I like Baurs, I'd rock one.

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
                    '98 528i

Comment

I wonder if that HVAC panel would fit LHD e30s? I would assume so..

That way I would auctually be able to see all of my deck instead of a steering wheel !!

Nice Baur, Id rock one.
                      Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Is that a plate deflector thingy on the rear so cameras cant read it?

:)
                        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

It looks like you just have to pull the shift knob off to take the lock off? Pretty cool car man, different for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M Powered
                            It looks like you just have to pull the shift knob off to take the lock off? Pretty cool car man, different for sure.
                            no the thing is welded on to the chasis, the you can pull the handel off when the lock is on, but when its locked its in gear, and the screws to the lock bit are blocked... trust me, you cant get it off with out cutting the shifter off below the lock, and even then you cant change gears coz the lock is still there...

Originally posted by equate975
                            Is that a plate deflector thingy on the rear so cameras cant read it?
                            no just photo shop, altho , there might be a anti-photo flash coating comming soon, but shhhhhh ;)

Originally posted by equate975
                            I wonder if that HVAC panel would fit LHD e30s? I would assume so..

That way I would auctually be able to see all of my deck instead of a steering wheel !!

Nice Baur, Id rock one.
                            whats that mean in english ? , i dunno i think it might not its pretty angular, but you never know, my guess actually is it could with a bit of work ? but im a e30 noob :p
                            Last edited by Alluvium; 03-05-2006, 12:27 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X