Jacking points for rear subframe removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacking points for rear subframe removal

What do you guys usually use for rear jack stand placement when dropping the rear subframe?
    I was looking at using the rear frame rails, but they're much too high for my jack stands.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

uhhh frame
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Do you mean the frame rail near where the rear bumper picks up?

Comment

noo the frame right infront of the rear wheel. Like the place they do it when you put it on the lift, behind the front tire and infront of the rear
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

OK thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Comment

this picture brought to you by driving in the rain.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pic. I've never tried using stands on the rear factory jacking point. It seemed too narrow, but I'll take another look.

Comment

In the rear I always jack by the diff. Nice and sturdy, plus it i snice to get both sides in the air at once.

Comment

Originally posted by cunninglinguist
                  Thanks for the pic. I've never tried using stands on the rear factory jacking point. It seemed too narrow, but I'll take another look.
                  When you jack up on that lip, that lip will bend over and be flat. They are all like that and it wont hurt it. No one will even notice it. Its safe to put a jack and jackstands on the sides on that lip.

Will
                  RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                  Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                  DaveCN = Old Man
                  My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                  X