joined the club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joined the club!

just got this 89 325im, looks pretty nice but it doesnt run too great. i think it just needs all the filters and fluids changed. it has about 180K on it.

i was going to do the diff fluid but should i also do the transmission? if it was an automatic i figure all the sludge is holding the transmission together but what about on a manual? im pretty sure it hasnt been changed in 10 years if ever.

oh and whats the deal with that python injection thing? never heard of that brand or what it is.

and a shot of the e34.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

more of the e34, model, mods?

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

white e34's are sexy...

Comment

525ia its just and m50. no real mods. throwing stars, hella clears all around, euro ellipsoids and clear sidemarkers put into the moulding on the fender. and i think i wore out the exhaust or something because that thing is loud, but it sounds really nice.

i was gonna get the sachs kit and the eat chip but i got into trucks and we purchased an 04 f150 but now im getting tired of spending 400 a month on gas so i picked up the e30 and the e34 will just be for weekends. witht he gas money im going to save i can get some nice stuff for it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uflnuceng
          white e34's are sexy...
          im a big fan of white bmws. couldnt find a nice white e30 though. i think we only buy cars in the colors they race them in cause my parents have the silver mercedes and there was a british racing green jag here before too.
          sigpic

Comment

525ia is just for weekends? Why not dd it? Probably gets 2x better mpg than the ford

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

I think you should do a flush on everything, I suppose the "m" means manual? I do not know what a python thing is, expand on that. Thanks! Oh and congrats on the best color e30 ever (besides diamond schwarz sorry clean!) Sorry, now I get it, it looks to be a remanned m20 afm. That could be the reason it isn't running too well. I doubt it's custom or "trick" it doesn't look to be any larger than an OEM version. you may wanna google that!
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Rigmaster
              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

python is a reman company they do FI stuff for just about everything, theor quality is hit or miss though. do mobile1 gear oil in the rear end and mobile1 ATF in the tranny if your tranny calls for ATF or mobile1 gear oil if it takes gear oil. makes it quiet and smooth shifting, you'll be happy you did
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

K i disagree..... sorry but redline all the way. and if you have an lsd i suggest the little bottle of treatment/protectant. Sorry Der!
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Dibs on seats when you go sport seats or aftermarkets....

Wife's car need a pair just like that.

Welcome to the money pit!!
                    88 325is FOR SALE
                    89 325i FOR SALE
                    95 LR Disco
                    98 Volvo V70XC -FS!
                    25' of oil-stained driveway
                    Travel Kit:
                    M4, FS 92, Mk19, 998

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmike
                      525ia is just for weekends? Why not dd it? Probably gets 2x better mpg than the ford
                      the 325 is the new daily driver.

so i should flush out the tranny?

imma check on the python too, might go look for a bosch or whatever is supposed to be there.

kip, will let you know if i get rid of the seats. gonna go aftermarket sometime this summer and probably pull the rear seats too. i just dont know if im going to keep them in storage or sell them. these are vinyl right? i dont think leather still look as good as the seats do now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X