Ebay front susp. kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay front susp. kits

Has anyone had any experience with the control arm/tierod/CAB packages available on ebay? Is the quailty of these kits similar to what you would find at BMA or TMS? I am about to overhaul my suspension system and would like to save a few dollars where possible, but still get a reliable product.

I bought one of em with the m3 CABs, Ive put 2k on it with no problems. The shit is easy as pie to replace to me now so if I get a little less life out of my balljoints then so be it, I saved a buttload of cash (easily 100 bones) over BMA lemforder control arms, etc.
    Back to my roots

Comment

I bought one of em with the m3 CABs, Ive put 2k on it with no problems. The shit is easy as pie to replace to me now so if I get a little less life out of my balljoints then so be it, I saved a buttload of cash (easily 100 bones) over BMA lemforder control arms, etc. Best part was that they shipped it from CT to my door in NH in under 24 hours from the time I hit buy it now. BMA takes a few days.
      Back to my roots

Comment

Dude keep us posted on how they hold up- I've been wondering the same about those ebay kits for a while.

Comment

they still doing alright?

Comment

i was talking with Tim LeClair of FAP99, and he was telling me that even the Germans (lemfoerder) are using the chinese for casting. he sells a set of Karlyn control arms that he says are very good as well.

Comment

Are Karlyn's the ones on the Bay? I was under the impression that the balljoints were the weekspots on these "lesser" brand names.

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI
                i was talking with Tim LeClair of FAP99, and he was telling me that even the Germans (lemfoerder) are using the chinese for casting. he sells a set of Karlyn control arms that he says are very good as well.
                Tim is the man . . .
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

The control arm itself, even on the cheapo ebay units, are cast steel and the odds of them being shitty are slim. The difference comes in the quality of the ball joints. As I mentioned above Ive only got a few thousand on em but theyve been holding up fine.
                  Back to my roots

Comment

i dont know about the eBay arms at all. i order everything from tim, or bma.

Comment

Ive put 25k on my ebay control arms with no problems, but avod the sway bar links they are not worth there weight in steal.
                      Previous cars, bmw's 85 325e 93 318is
                      88 suzuki samurai

Comment

Working...
                      X