Christmas in July!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas in July!

Well been working on some upgrades for the E30 and today was kind of like Christmas.

I have been working on the S50 swap and upgrading the suspension of the car. Im still missing many but today was kind of nice.

Today I got in.

every poly bushing there is except the rear sub-frame because they are on back order from BMP Design. So they are to ship when they do come in.

Treehouse control arm lollipops.

maplight mirror

E30 M3 cluster

M3 sway bars with BMP adjustible links

New control arms

Tie rods (left in trunk of car)

Still to come in via mail.....

GC coilovers
    Mtech 1 tail
    Mtech II steering wheel

So cant wait to get the rest in so I can start more work but it will come. Just thought Id share. I love Christmas in July!

The car just after paint. There have been some changes but this is the latest pic so far.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Very nice. You need to complete the package though and get an mtech-2 wing.

Comment

I went with the Mtech 1 wing because I like it better. It should be here from Germany in the next 10 days. It left today via USPS!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Oh, and your wheels are hot. What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes
          Oh, and your wheels are hot. What are they?
          umm....hottness?
          haha
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I almost think the M-Tech II wing is too much, even on an M-Tech II car. It's just too fat and bulky for my tastes. The M-Tech I wing is easily my favorite.

Nice haul you got there! I can't wait to order my new control arms/tie rod ends. I'm working on getting my suspension perfect. I've got a set of M3 offset CAB's waiting for me, too.

Comment

Where did you end up ordering all the poly bushing from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                Where did you end up ordering all the poly bushing from?

I did it through BMPDesign.com but I have had some issues with them. My first order I had to get some CAB's because the old one fell off in route. They sold some already pressed in a kit. They sent me the wrong ones and would not correct the order. (sent one's with out lollipops)

This order they told me that the sub-frame bushings were on backorder and that they would be in within the next 48 hours. They forgot to ship the rest of the order as I asked. So it was about 2 weeks from when I placed the order to get here with 3 day shipping.

As of today the sub-frame bushings are still not in stock.

I went with them because they give a 10% discount on parts if you are a BCCA member. And they do stock most parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                  I almost think the M-Tech II wing is too much, even on an M-Tech II car. It's just too fat and bulky for my tastes. The M-Tech I wing is easily my favorite.
                  I totally agree!

Comment

I think I like it without any wing the best, never seen that before

Comment

Hey on the E30 ///M3 cluster, is the econo meter replaced by an oil temp gauge? Do you think that's retrofitable? (<-is that a word?)
                      Can you post a better pic of the cluster please?
                      Thanks.
                      Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker
                        Hey on the E30 ///M3 cluster, is the econo meter replaced by an oil temp gauge? Do you think that's retrofitable? (<-is that a word?)
                        Thanks.

Comment

Looking good man! Cant wait to see it altogether!
                          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker
                            Thanks.
                            Yes, you can tap a bolt and thread it into the oil fliter housing. You will also need the oil temp harness from an e30 m3. Here is a picture of one: http://www.r3vlimited.com/Media/james/P1000990.JPG Here is one for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71855. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hell that's even better than Christmas...I wish my Christmas presents lineup was all of that! I can't wait to see it all together!
                              -Adam Schmidt-

1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
                              1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
                              1991 Alpine 318iS

Comment

Working...
                              X