convert power windows to manual cranks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert power windows to manual cranks?

my motor just died on the passenger side and i really dont wanna spend the money on another one that'll prolly die in a year. any way i can take the motors out completely and replace it with a manual crank? i know in the door there is a plastic plug where the crank should be so i imagine i can. please help!
    ________
    Extreme Vaporizers
    Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 05:34 AM.

it can be done, but you'll be hardpressed to find the mechanisms necessary to do it. and not to mention that it will be more $$$ than spending ~$30 on a used motor.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
      it can be done, but you'll be hardpressed to find the mechanisms necessary to do it. and not to mention that it will be more $$$ than spending ~$30 on a used motor.
      Not necessarily. I've seen manual windows at the Pick-n-Pull multiple times. I'm probably going to grab a set to install into my gutted m3 track car project.

-Erik

Comment

Early 318i's had manual windows, so these are the regulators you need. Don't forget the crank handles. I think they were only made for 2drs in the US. However, I've converted 4dr ones to use the manual gear. It's not that hard if you have the right destructive power tools. :mrgreen:
        sigpic

Comment

any more details on this? mines a "is" so it is 2 door. strangly enough i guess my window does work, but the door has to be open for it to go up and down..... could it be a wire is being pinched or pulled loose when its closed?
          ________
          Vaporizer reviews
          Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvs909 View Post
            any more details on this? mines a "is" so it is 2 door. strangly enough i guess my window does work, but the door has to be open for it to go up and down..... could it be a wire is being pinched or pulled loose when its closed?
            The wires going from body to door are rubbed, quite a common problem on e30.
            Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
            BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
            BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
            BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Working...
            X