Daily Driver. (pics galore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Driver. (pics galore)

This is the thread where I will post progress on my daily driver. Overall goal? I'm not sure yet, but basically to have a nice, clean looking and mechanically sound daily transport.

This is the car as purchased last october, pretty rough, very leaky and in dire need of alot of mechanical attention. Now that I've got that 95% completed, I'm starting to do a little cosmetic retouching to make it look on the outside how it feels on the inside.

I usually work best when I keep a good account of just what it is I'm doing. So making this thread will help keep me on task and not just go out joyriding!

Hopefully you'll all enjoy the updates.

Phase one.

Old faded plastic, sidemarkers and most other trim, bent up valances and cracked glass. This simply will not do.

Did a little painting to see what this would look like, not sure about it yet the color is 'cast iron' not just primer. All the trim is going to get an SEM treatment. While all that stuff is off I'll see if I can't get the paint looking a little better.

Yeah, thats right.

Also a set of summer wheels!

Webcam pics FTW.

Comment

Weekend car is down for a while, but it was another e30. There will be a build thread on that one to come.

Not a whole lot done today, just little test fits. Snapped a few pictures on the way home from work.

Like my bent up oil cooler? Present from the PO.

Testing this for use on the 'weekend' car in the future ;)

Got home and teh gf had done some of my trim, I was very surprised.

Tomorrow should be a bit more interesting.

Comment

Marry that girl.

Comment

I know theres alot of info about the Heated wire MAF conversion, but.. what setup are you using?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
            Marry that girl.
            I agree, unless she is ugly or something.
            '88 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
              I know theres alot of info about the Heated wire MAF conversion, but.. what setup are you using?
              geee eemmm + 'hot' chip in a 173.

The girl is great, she even offered to wash/wax the car when it's 'done' :p

I found an eta with a cracked pan for $300 today. If no one buys it before the guy takes it to the junkyard I'll pick it up. 4dr track beater methinks.

Comment

Chris Chris...ANOTHER e30? Damn dude!

Hey...did you already go to that HPDE?
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

what is being done to the valance id like to know kuz i wanna kno if i can salvage mine

cheaply of course
                  Originally posted by ebelements
                  Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                    Chris Chris...ANOTHER e30? Damn dude!
                    You say it like its a bad thing...Figure I can atleast clean it up a little and resell it for a few bucks. I've got most of the parts to make it road worthy again. Just need all the bushings. This shell is cleaner than my red one, so it might get replaced! hpde is done, but theres some more coming up with other clubs.

The valance is being jumped on/hit with hammers etc. in an effort to unbend it. They're really easy to work with and can be unbent from amazing states of damage if you take the time to do it.

Turn signal relocation is the goal for this afternoon.

Comment

what the???? turn signal relocation?? looks like you got it in the grill between the high low???schweet! anyone have pics of it done???
                      M stands for Money:hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
                        You say it like its a bad thing...Figure I can atleast clean it up a little and resell it for a few bucks. I've got most of the parts to make it road worthy again. Just need all the bushings. This shell is cleaner than my red one, so it might get replaced! hpde is done, but theres some more coming up with other clubs.

The valance is being jumped on/hit with hammers etc. in an effort to unbend it. They're really easy to work with and can be unbent from amazing states of damage if you take the time to do it.

Turn signal relocation is the goal for this afternoon.

Are you planning on using a rear bumper up front?

Comment

maybe just the trim
                          kuz the rears are straight while the fronts are curved
                          Originally posted by ebelements
                          Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

So, Chris, are you saying you didn't make it to the HPDE?! Maan. Dude...tsk tsk!

I was only givin you a hard time, cause you already got two. :P
                            - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_adam69 View Post
                              what the???? turn signal relocation?? looks like you got it in the grill between the high low???schweet! anyone have pics of it done???
                              Yep, and yes that is rear bumper trim on a front bumper. It's a dead easy swap that requires no modification, you can even use the same clips if you squish them a bit. Haven't seen anyone with this exact setup, but I will have some pictures soon.

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                              So, Chris, are you saying you didn't make it to the HPDE?! Maan. Dude...tsk tsk!

I was only givin you a hard time, cause you already got two. :P
                              Didn't make it, car has been in limbo for a long time because of insurance issues. I'm still waiting to get paid back for repairs. Rest assured, I will be one autox'n mofo for the rest of the year. I'm bummed as hell about the whole thing, work so hard and it gets ruined by some idiot.

Forgot I loaned out my plastics welder and it's never been returned, so I went to good old harborfreight. $30 later I have means with which to bond plastics! Ended up seeing transformers instead of doing any more work. Kickass!

I have to put my car into 4x4 mode to get over the speedbump at the parts dept tomorrow. The guys there love it when I come in buying $10 worth of 10cent parts. :p

Comment

Working...
                              X