X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
      You going to bring it over to Keith's on Saturday?
      Ya. I will have no interior, but I'll stick a seat from the 325iS in there and drive it over. I need help fitting the top and getting the motor to work :)

Comment

Dude nice. So you're going to have the seats redone professionally too? Awesome stuff, can't wait to see what you do to it once you clean it up.

What are you going to use for the wheels? Pressure washer?
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
          Dude nice. So you're going to have the seats redone professionally too? Awesome stuff, can't wait to see what you do to it once you clean it up.

What are you going to use for the wheels? Pressure washer?
          Ya the seats will be professionally redone. Some of the foam is missing, some has mold. So they will need a lot of work. But they do have seat heaters, and I'm not sure how easy ti would be to transfer those to new seats so I'm thinking I'll keep these ones.

I have a line on some special industrial cleaner called 'orange clean'. From what I hear, it's amazing and will clean just about anything. If that doesn't work, the pressure washer is next :)

Comment

Probably put $1000 in value back in the car just with the cleaning you've done so far!!
            Aaron

Comment

Clean the wheels as good as you can then use clay. That should take all that crap off. Strong cleaners will damage the finish and cause the clear coat to peel.

Good resto. I can't wait to see the finished product. You gonna have the seats redone in white?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                Clean the wheels as good as you can then use clay. That should take all that crap off. Strong cleaners will damage the finish and cause the clear coat to peel.
                I used Wheel Wax, stuff works great, but yes clay the wheels as well and you won't have to worry too much about cleaning them real well for awhile.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                  Good resto. I can't wait to see the finished product. You gonna have the seats redone in white?
                  Yes. I want to keep the car as close to stock as I can (i'm getting rid of that fucking ugly airbag wheel though and getting an m-tech 2 one). Oh and it'll get either new bilstein touring shocks or H&R/Billy sports.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                    Yes. I want to keep the car as close to stock as I can (i'm getting rid of that fucking ugly airbag wheel though and getting an m-tech 2 one). Oh and it'll get either new bilstein touring shocks or H&R/Billy sports.

Agree with getting rid of the airbag wheel - 15 year old Gen 1 airbag technology would be scary sitting in front of me as I drive!

But everyone has a M-tech 2 wheel... I love my "BMW Blackline"

Aaron

Comment

I like that one, I've seen it on Ebay but I wasn't sure what the correct name was. I also like the Mtech 1 wheel a lot, and they're fairly inexpensive.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                        I like that one, I've seen it on Ebay but I wasn't sure what the correct name was. I also like the Mtech 1 wheel a lot, and they're fairly inexpensive.

M-Tech I = least expensive
                        M-Tech II = more expensive + you need to make sure you get the smaller diameter one (lots sold on eBay are the bigger diameter one)
                        BMW Blackline = $$$$$, made by Nardi - make sure if yo get one it includes the mounting collar, etc.
                        Aaron

Comment

looks good mang, cant wait to see more!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Update

So, I've been working on the car for a good week now since the last post. A lot of the work has just been cleaning and such, there is so much dirt!! I gave it a really good washing yesterday and discovered it leaks pretty bad around the passengers side window. So anyone who has any great advice to seal these things up...

The top looks like new after power washing it, I just missed a few spots that I will have to touch up

I've tried everything on these wheels, and nothing will get them clean. Any ideas are appreciated!

Time to clean the carpets! I went over them with the carpet cleaner EIGHT TIMES. Yes, 8 times. they were that dirty.

Trunk is all clean, fitted with some dynamat

Beginning to clay-bar the whole car

this thing is going to look sooooo good when it's done

More updates to come later this week. I've got some carpet and vinyl dye coming today that will really make this baby look like new!! In the mean time, anyone know a good source for a weatherstripping kit for vert roofs?

Comment

Great work, keep us posted. I've always loved the 'Tech II cabs.

Comment

^ Yo new sig means new post for new pictures Jersey boy. Hop to it.

Good luck with the wheels! Did you try a pressure washer? Man that stuff looks so gunked on. I can't wait to see how nice it comes out.
                                Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                                X