Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 LSD's for sale - 3.09, 3.73, 3.91, 4. - Boston MA

Hey guys,
    look out for my posts in the next few days, i have been stockpiling parts and I might be losing my garage so to make my move someplace else really hard rather than impossible I'm gonna be trying to move some larger items soon.

#1 is a 3.07 LSD from a euro 635 with 80k. No noise, grinds, anything this car was minty fresh then got in a small front end accident. Would need back cover and output flanges from an e30. For more money I guess I could give you the stuff off one of my other diffs.
    $225 + shipping/packaging. $260 + ship all set up for e30.

#2 is a regular 3.73lsd, speedo sensor missing but I can steal it off another diff if they sell first.
    $165+ ship as is, $180 + ship with a speedo pickup.

#3 is a 3.91 small case lsd from a late 318is. I bought it from a member on here and they sent it without speedo pickup or output shafts. Kinda annoying. I sourced output shafts and the speedo pickup, but I think I damaged one of the output shaft seals while trying to see if regular med. case shafts are the same (they aren't). So before I put it in a car I'd do new output shaft seals.
    $175 + ship

#3 is a 4.10 lsd from a 115k mile auto 325i. Great shape, no leaks really nice diff. There was some dirt/silt stuff caked on like any old part but it came right off with a wire brush and looks awesome.
    $250 + ship

post, pm or catch me on AIM at m0ssman1L if you want anything.

All parts are in Boston, MA area (brookline) and can be picked up any time.
    Last edited by Mossman; 09-12-2007, 04:54 PM.

Hey Sam, I might be interested in the 3.09 (?) - it isn't the 3.07 listed on craigslist is it?

Comment

what would be a good one for my 87 325 eta. with out compromising my 4500 rpm to badley.
      1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
      1987 e30 325 eta
      1983 e28 533
      2001 x5 4.4l
      1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
      1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

PMing you Jarvis...

It is the same diff as the one on craigslist, I guess it is a 3.07

Comment

Hey Mitch,
          The one that Jarvis said he might want is probably the best bet. I've heard of people using 3.73 and 4.10's in eta's but that's kind of insane/extreme and for a daily driver you use on the highway probably not the best idea.

If Jarvis wants the 3.07 or 3.09 or whatever it is looking out for a 3.25 from an e28 or a 2.93 from a 325es is probably your best bet.

Comment

Upppppp

Comment

bump, who knows what 1 of these weighs for ship quotes?

Comment

I have a 3.73 LSD in my eta and it was not bad at all. Top speed is 100 MPH and you do 3k at 75-80. First gear is a little short, but not bad.

Sam, the diff weighs just under 100 pounds, somewhere like 90-95 to be exact.

Buy from Sam, he is a good guy.
                Originally posted by cabriodster87
                "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                Originally posted by Kershaw
                i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Is the 4.10 leaking? Would paypal work for payment?

Comment

they have a breather tube up the top that lets some oily vapor out, so they are never going to be bone dry but it has no leaks and is as good as any used diff you'll find.

I pm'ed back

Comment

Working...
                    X