Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GM projects: Firehawk, Corvair, V8 S-15 (updated, pg.4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GM projects: Firehawk, Corvair, V8 S-15 (updated, pg.4)

Edit
    Last edited by JasonC; 07-21-2009, 07:55 PM. Reason: unneeded info.....

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

With all your muscle cars, Id bet, it looks like you bought stock in fram by the looks of the shelf in the first shot.

Comment

Badass. Gotta love the 383's. Good luck w/ it all. I like the electric waterpump by the way.

Comment

Great project, I'm interested in seeing the progress you make with it, it seems like a pretty solid car to start with.

Thanks for finally making the thread :)

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

For rust, it's one of the better Vega bodys that's around (they usally rusted as soon as they came off of the assembly line!). I'll be working on it more now, since i got most of my other cars the way i want them. But i still need to put the 140HP motor and 4 speed into my Corvair still.
          Last edited by JasonC; 11-07-2007, 04:39 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Corvairs are cool cars. My uncle had one with a Frenched hood, whole car painted in camo. People were confused as hell. I wouldn't mind a Spyer one, with its little turbo and all.
            Nice Vega, seems you got a clean body. Everyone I see around here is all rotted.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Damnit! i need to get to work on this car . I was messing with the Corvair today, seeing how to mount a 8-track player under the dash. My dad has a 66 Corvair that he's going to put a mild 355 in it with a Oldsmobile Toronado trans axle. So the motor will be right over the axle.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                Damnit! i need to get to work on this car . I was messing with the Corvair today, seeing how to mount a 8-track player under the dash. My dad has a 66 Corvair that he's going to put a mild 355 in it with a Oldsmobile Toronado trans axle. So the motor will be right over the axle.
                I never thought about that. That will be pretty sick!
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'd thought i'd update this since i don't have anything better to do.

I sold the Vega a few weeks ago. They guy who bought it said he's going to put a blown 427 in it. I kept the motor and trans along with the Weld wheels. They will be going into my 1987 GMC S-15. I was going to put a mild 350 in my truck and still have it. But this 383 that was for the Vega, will be more of a beast in the truck then the 350. This should take place this spring.

Anyway, I bought a 1996 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk not to long ago. Here is the run down on it, http://www.firehawkowners.com/car/4046.html along with the production number break down, http://www.firehawk.com/article/1354.html My car is #48 but they only made 41 in 1996 (SLP messed up on the numbers in 96)

I bought the car for way less then they usually go for. The guy said that it got hot and they put water in it and it started to run water out the exhaust. Well i didn't think much of it. But after i got the car home i went to see if the engine would turn over. It didn't, locked up tight. What they did was put cold water in the hot engine and warped the aluminum heads then let the car sit a year without draining the water out of it. The end result was this,

Here's the only picture i got of the car since it's in the garage tore all apart.

Plans for the car is as follow:
                  LT1 383 stroker
                  stock aluminum heads with port work
                  CC306 cam
                  Jet Hot LT headers
                  3" exhaust with X pipe dumped infront of rear axle
                  Dynomax bullet mufflers
                  58mm Throttle body
                  egr/smog delete
                  Ford Racing 30# injectors
                  1.5 Roller rockers
                  Meziere electric water pump
                  LT4 clutch with whatever aftermarket disc i deside on
                  4.10 gears
                  wheels (think about Torq Thrust II 17x9.5 front and 17x11 in the back)
                  and some other small stuff.....

I got most of the stuff here, waiting on the short block to be done.
                  Last edited by JasonC; 12-26-2008, 10:38 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

damn you have a lot of projects. that firehawk is gonna be badass!

Comment

Sweet projects! I miss the days of going to the auto parts store for anything and they would always have it in stock.

Comment

Got one thing done that i said i was going to do for a year now. I put the 140hp motor in my Corvair. Although i messed up and put a 3 speed in it instead of a 4 speed. I guess it pays to look at the numbers on the trans before installing it. Oh well, i'll change it later down the road. For now i'll enjoy it the way it is. Cause it's alot better then the 110hp and 2 speed powerglide that was in it.

Changed the dash over to the standard shift one and put the shifter in the floor. And there's my buddy that liked to help me from time to time.

Here's all i got done to the Firehawk. I got the motor in it, the intake,valve covers, and the water pump is just setting on it. I still have to get the flywheel,clutch,4.10 gears,computer reprogramed, and some other small stuff. I forgot how far the engines sat back in these cars.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

A Man after my Bowtie heart. After I sell my G body all I'll have left is my K5. But I still have enough Chevy motors and odd parts around to keep it running for quite a long time.

Comment

That Corvair is looking good, dude! The few I see around here are beat to hell and back. And three-speeds aren't that bad with decent gearing.

All I have going on is the gutted Dart in my backyard that I haven't touched since who knows when...:(
                            Jason

Comment

That's a strange looking cat.
                              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
                              X