WTT: 1969 VW Beetle for E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTT: 1969 VW Beetle for E30

Looking to trade my 1969 VW Beetle for an E30. Link below to my ad but she has a ton of character, lots of chassis work and a built 1776cc flat four. It's like a go cart on steroids!

Let me know what you have if interested in swapping. I'm located in Los Angeles.
    Last edited by 2mAn; 06-09-2021, 01:43 PM. Reason: craigslist link removed

Originally posted by AggieZig View Post
    Looking to trade my 1969 VW Beetle for an E30. Link below to my ad but she has a ton of character, lots of chassis work and a built 1776cc flat four. It's like a go cart on steroids!

Let me know what you have if interested in swapping. I'm located in Los Angeles.
    Welcome to R3V and good luck in your search.

I removed your craigslist link.

Please post pics here
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

You must've read my mind! I have been missing my 69 Beetle and have been thinking about seeing if someone would trade for my 87 325e 2dr 5 speed. I also have an 87 2.7 es engine on a stand. My 325 has a 3.25lsd and a chip. I like driving it but I'm turning 66 next month and can't work on it like I used to.
      Loonatic

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Welcome to R3V and good luck in your search.

I removed your craigslist link.

Please post pics here
        Apologies for that. Pics and details below:

This is my 1969 Volkswagen Beetle made in Germany and finished in Savanah Beige. She is a patina queen and rocks a mix between the retro Cal-look and the drag beetle look. With a built 1776cc engine and dual authentic Weber 44s, she is also a total sleeper and will not fail to put a huge smile on your face. I’ve owned many VWs in my life and this one is hands down the most fun. It’s like driving a go cart on steroids.

Details:

- 1776cc Type 1 flat four, Full flow case, Engle 110 Cam, 35x40 heads, chromoly push rods, dual Spanish 44 Weber IDFs, sidewinder exhaust, approx. 11k miles since rebuild
        - Gene Berg shifter, Kennedy Stage 1 Clutch, hard mounts, Kafer bar
        - New front beam, rebuild suspension, slightly lowered
        - Front Disc Brake Conversion
        - Floor pans replaced, front inner fender wells repaired
        - The only rust on this beetle is cosmetic and part of the patina
        - Roof rack, pop-out quarter windows, Autogage Tach

Comment

Originally posted by fiveofeight55 View Post
          You must've read my mind! I have been missing my 69 Beetle and have been thinking about seeing if someone would trade for my 87 325e 2dr 5 speed. I also have an 87 2.7 es engine on a stand. My 325 has a 3.25lsd and a chip. I like driving it but I'm turning 66 next month and can't work on it like I used to.
          PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by AggieZig View Post

Apologies for that.
            No worries. Good luck! Be sure to come back and share the E30 when you get one
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              No worries. Good luck! Be sure to come back and share the E30 when you get one

Thanks, will do!

Comment

Working...
              X