'88 325is roller with 24V swap parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 325is roller with 24V swap parts

I've been searching for a good platform to build over the last 6 months and bought this car with plans to paint it and build it into a solid OEM + weekend car. However, a more appealing car came along and I snatched that one up as well, and have no room for 2 project cars so this one has to go. I would like to sell it as a rolling shell with accompanying parts, but am flexible on that

The shell
    - '88 325is
    - Carolina car from new, NO RUST
    - Original BRONZIT - Glass out/engine out re-sprayed Ford Redfire metallic in ~2006-7. This looks like it was done to a high standard, and I actually bought it from the guy who did the work, then bought the car after the fact.
    - SALVAGE title- Around that same time, the car was issued a salvage title. I don't really have any information about the accident or repair, but it looks like the rear panel and RR Quarter were replaced. Oddly enough, the quarter panel job looks much more nicely done than the rear panel, which shows some signs of replacement if you are inspecting from the trunk panel. Either way, they car is solid, straight and rust free.
    - Full set of euroweaves. Spray painted gray but look to be in nice shape. Tires suck
    - 3.73 LSD still present
    - Eibach spings
    - E30 M3 style wing included
    - Most parts to rebuild the chassis are included as far as trim/interior panels, carpet etc are concerned. I do think you would need to get some hardware and clips from elsewhere as there just isn't enough here to cover everything. I didn't take the car apart though, so I can't say for sure.
    - Plastic bumpers included
    - Hood and trunk had roundels filled and were discarded. Replacement hood (primered) and trunk (alpine) included

- Current Damage- In my opinion, both of these repairs are a relatively small addition to the normal scope of a full re-spray
    • Front left frame rail- Before the car was taken apart, the owners son started it in gear on accident and it hit a tree in the LF frame rail. It's not displaced much at all, but is crumped over the bumper shock mounting flange and will need to be bent back into shape.
    • LR Quarter- Apparently a person was thrown into the LR Quarter during some sort of scuffle and made a pretty big dent. It does look like there was some bodywork back here in the past as well. This is ultimately when the decision was made by the PO to take the car apart and re-spray it.
    • Pinch welds- Pretty normal about of pinch weld jack-age. Not terrible
    Missing:
    - Front windshield. Nice gasket and trim piece included
    - Upper window trim, passenger side
    - Drivetrain parts- If it isn't mentioned below it probably isn't included. I didn't take the M20 out and there were no M20 parts with the car.

Parts Included
    - As mentioned, it looks like most of, if not everything required to put the car back together from a panel/trim standpoint is here aside from the "Missing" section above
    - M50NV with e34 oil pan installed
    - 402 DME with Dinan chip
    - G250
    - Driveshaft from G250, I think it's an e46 shaft (4 bolt rear)
    - Shifter parts, again I think e46

All in all, this car was pretty nice at some point and could be again in the hands of the right person. I think its worth $2500 all things considered. I'll update with more parts if there's anything I forgot

Located in Fort Mill, SC just south of Charlotte. Bring a trailer, I could be convinced to deliver as well (within reason)

- '88 m54 coupe

<3

Sending you a DM, going to look at another car this afternoon, but interested in this listing.

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

Comment

Working...
    X