No announcement yet.

‘92 318i vette 5sp excellent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the very least take some better photos. 45k and you couldn't be bothered rolling it outside?

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      Bring-a-Trailer is the high end of what cars are worth. Check what they're selling for over there.

As far as your car, I'd expect a car to come with headlights, wheels, and bumper trim. Unfortunately your cost to build a complete car may not translate to someone willing to pay that amount.

I don't want t insult you, but I can't see anyone paying more than $10-$12k for your car right now, assuming it's mechanically PERFECT.
      Thank you, ive been checking that site out, i appreciate you…
      Vrooom

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        At the very least take some better photos. 45k and you couldn't be bothered rolling it outside?
        how about 33
        Vrooom

Comment

(My last post here, I promise)

Let me save you some time from letting Bring a Trailer thinking your car is worth your outrageous asking prices...

Anything near your asking price is a well documented, low mileage original example.

Bring a Trailer 2021 Numbers:
          Average of E30s, not including M3s $25,360

Average price, by model:
          Convertible (37) = $16,513

Bid for the chance to own a 34k-Mile 1988 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #49,053.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1992 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #52,388.

Bid for the chance to own a 16k-Mile 1992 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #55,598.

TLDR; You believe your car is worth more than these cars, double what the average price is on the high-water auction site. Realistically you might be lucky enough to find someone interested for like $7500, but probably on OfferUp and not here.

Good luck
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Vrooom

Comment

You should prob just keep it, you’re not going to get anywhere near what you think it’s worth. I’d be very surprised to see it get $10k unfortunately. That repaint has me scratching my head, what’s up w the shock towers? You’ve got missing trim pieces, and I can only assume the undercarriage had a ton of rust bc you sprayed it black. If there was no rust, why not just clean it up? 🤷‍♂️
              Sorry but you’re dreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by danthony12321 View Post
                You should prob just keep it, you’re not going to get anywhere near what you think it’s worth. I’d be very surprised to see it get $10k unfortunately. That repaint has me scratching my head, what’s up w the shock towers? You’ve got missing trim pieces, and I can only assume the undercarriage had a ton of rust bc you sprayed it black. If there was no rust, why not just clean it up? 🤷‍♂️
                Sorry but you’re dreaming.

car had and has no rust, i have before and after videos of everything, photo does no justice, im not a pro at taking pictures., if your interested than great come and check it out if not good luck
                Vrooom

Comment

Im dealing with 15 year olds jeez
                  Vrooom

Comment

Literally everybody telling you that you’re insane, but good luck w the sale I guess 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by elratrero69 View Post
                      Im dealing with 15 year olds jeez
                      No. 15 year olds would just insult you and call you names. Most all of the people here communicated to you, with specific reasoning, why the car will not fetch the price you're asking (or even reasonably close) and suggested you readjust your perspective. There's an ass for every seat but unless you find your one in a million buyer, it's not going to happen. The people here were just trying to get you to be realistic with your expectations. Parts/labor rarely ever get a return on investment.

Good luck with your sale. It looks like a nice car, but again, not 45k nice.
                      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

When I see body colored door handles I assume crappy respray... and moving under the hood... we find your strut mounts and nuts are sprayed right over, Rear hood catch's... Looks like a 15 year old painted it...

Ah, the Alpina badges, subtract some more there. The use of the word Bro... Subtract some more there.

45000 E30 - Photos taken from $500+ camera, 4500 E30 - Photos taken from $50 camera.

Your ad or car doesn't present well for your asking price. But go on if you must and show us what you have in it.
                        Last edited by moatilliatta; 01-14-2022, 01:25 PM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post

No. 15 year olds would just insult you and call you names. Most all of the people here communicated to you, with specific reasoning, why the car will not fetch the price you're asking (or even reasonably close) and suggested you readjust your perspective. There's an ass for every seat but unless you find your one in a million buyer, it's not going to happen. The people here were just trying to get you to be realistic with your expectations. Parts/labor rarely ever get a return on investment.

Good luck with your sale. It looks like a nice car, but again, not 45k nice.

lmao And I appreciate every comment, being good or bad just the insults hurt, but all i ask is an offer,,, not a bashment of comments but thats what forums are for to learn from mistakes and the experts…i really want 16…but knew 45 would get people jumping for answers
                          Vrooom

Comment

Back in the day we used to go look at cars we were interested in and make an offer - it was an outstanding system and eliminated a lot of bellyaching.

Comment

”Its not an Alpina but i wanted it to look like one”

To me there is danger of carrying this attitude to “it’s not a $45k car, but I wanted it to look like one”.

To fetch anywhere near asking price, invest in paying someone to take pictures that allow people to see why the car is that valuable if you aren’t able to yourself.

You are representing your car with the interactions with people on your thread. I buy the seller (and their word, attention to detail, how they operate) as much as I buy the car with private sellers. Is the car clean and the paint and interior nice? Sure looks like it, but my impression from reading this thread is it was made to LOOK that way as much as was OWNED that way.

Everyone here is trying to get you to understand barriers to your sale, not just shitting on you like 15 year olds.

My suggestion? Show some receipts. Show the before and after pics. Justify clearly in your ad why this car is worth anything close to you asking price, rather than asking us to take you at your word.
                              What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                              90 325ix

Comment

Originally posted by elratrero69 View Post
                                Maybe i deserve that, but you are crazy by saying 4500, its in excellent condition not missing anything, car is a start and drive for years, no issues whats so ever molding are new from bmw dealer, new belt, new tensioner, ice cold a/c, wheels are actual Alpina wheels, the top and paint alone was 4500…
                                if your willing to buy make me an offer, but be serious not ridiculous
                                those rims look like style 5's. if so how did you mount them? are they on adapters or are they filled and drilled. the strut towers are painted over as well as many other corners cut paint wise. if you're asking 45k to start the paint needs to be perfect and true to the original design, not a sloppy overspray and tape job. the interior is, how can i say this, particular? The red seat centers don't match the cardinal door cards. It's extremely off-putting.
                                Look, i get that you love your car... but it would take at least 4k to get it to a presentable 25k car by someone who knows what they are doing. That's looking at it in sub-par pictures. did you actually spray undercoating over the control arm mounting bolts or am i seeing things?
                                You are telling guys who have been in this community for DECADES they are children for trying to advise you on how to actually market a car in our community. Some of us have bought, sold, and built e30s for over 2 decades in fact. We know what we are doing and we know what we are looking at. it doesn't seem like you do. Saying you want it to look like an alpina with absolutely no alpina styling whatsoever is a huge red flag when it comes to trusting your judgement. putting a 45k price tag on a 7 to 10k car (at best) is like putting a million dollar price tag on a 400,000 home. It won't sell.
                                All that said ill give you 6k cash AFTER i see good pictures of everything. that's a starting point. i need to see the engine bay, service records, how the top was mounted, inside the trunk, a video of it running, etc. Probably not worth your time, but it would at least get you to document a car for sale.
                                Thanks
                                Rich
                                Yours truly,
                                Rich
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                                X