Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1987 325iS Zinno/blk euro bumpers low miles. (Minneapolis, MN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1987 325iS Zinno/blk euro bumpers low miles. (Minneapolis, MN)

lots of additional photos and a couple of short videos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1V?usp=sharing

$16,000 to a R3V member.

This listing is for my 1987 BMW E30 325iS finished in Zinnoberrot over Schwarz leder. Following its general and fairly obvious description, this vehicle is powered by a refreshed 1988 BMW 528e SuperETA 2.7 liter bottom end and a rebuilt 885 casting 7 journal 325iS cylinder head, camshaft, valve springs and associated manifolds. Moving behind this SuperETA ‘stroker’, you’ll find a Getrag 260/5 5 speed manual transmission sourced from a 1986 325eS, and a 2.93 Limited Slip differential from the same vehicle. This 325iS’ M20B27Seta is breathing through a standard 325is intake and catalyzed ansa exhaust, however the air flow meter has been internally gutted and the idle control motor is not in use/is blocked off. Engine management changes are the reasoning behind those two little changes, and tasks are handled by a DIYPNP Megasquirt 2 PNP engine computer sitting in the factory location using an OEM 1987 engine computer harness. This computer has been base tuned over the road and runs well, but would benefit on power and efficiency from a dynamometer tuning session to get the full benefit of that punchy 2.7 liter engine. Cooling this M20 is a late model 1989 water pump, crossover pipe and capillary hoses alongside a factory coolant expansion tank. Up front is a 2000 Z3 M Roadster radiator and a spal electric cooling fan. Hung from the passenger side of this refreshed M20 engine is a capped factory original air conditioning compressor and belt, however the car is missing a condenser and at least two lines, if air conditioning is to be re added in the future. All cooling system, and power steering system hoses are new, as are the intake rubbers. 10-50 synthetic engine oil, new coolant, brake fluid, gearbox oil, power steering oil all have fewer than 20 miles, as does the engine air filter. Fresh valve adjustment has also been completed.

This E30’s underpinnings have largely been left in a factory formfactor, but have been lightly upgraded. New Myele front control arms, sway bar end links and front control arm bushings were added to the car alongside Bilstien sport shocks and struts, Bimmerworld sway bars and H&R lowering springs, all in 2014, or roughly 5,000 miles ago. Front and rear brakes are factory equipment and work well, however the dual chamber servo assist is up-rated with a unit out of BMWs own heavier all-wheel-drive 325iX. This 325is has a set of 16 inch OZ Superlaggera wheels and Kumho tires fitted, however an alternative 14 inch set of factory basket weaves and nice condition tires are a no-cost swap if it better suits the prospective buyer. Original spare, jack, center cap tool and complete trunk tool kit are present.

Externally, this Zinno red iS ditches the distinctive DOT crash bumpers, and the lower chin spoiler in favor of a cleaner, more simplistic set of european bumpers and a cabrio chin lip. Much of the paint on this car is factory original single stage, with notable exception being the side view mirrors which have been painted with a clear base mix. Original faded mirrors can be included with the vehicle if so desired. On the front end of the iS, the sealed beam halogen headlamps have also been removed in lieu of more european market parts, depo smiley projector headlamps, european headlight grilles and associated wiring changes.

Interior upfits are limited to a 370mm mtech 2 steering wheel, although the original 385mm mtech 1 wheel can be placed back on the car if thats the buyers preference. Floor mats are original and in exceptionally good condition over all. Factory full leather vertical stitch sport seats are in good working, cosmetic and mechanical condition front and rear. Carpet is clean, little to no wear on plastic interior parts. Odometer reads 109,200 miles, and aside from 10.2 road tuning miles put on the car when the gears failed, no additional mileage between was put on the car before the gear rebuild. Cracks are present on the dashboard. Factory head unit is working fine and sounds good. Premium sound was an included package with the 325iS, and the tweeter pods, rear speaker pods are present and working.

Extensive maintenance records are included from new to present date, four keys are included. Owners manual is included.

My history of with this car started in 2014 when it came to me via its original owner, asking for a bit more power and to deal with the engine burning oil. At the time, it was a completely factory 87 325is with an M20B25. After formulating a game plan, the owner sourced a 1995 S50B30 engine from a 1995 M3 that had been fully rebuilt by a well respected BMW E36 guru in Shakopee. I paired this engine with the 325iX brake booster, a ZF S5D 320Z 5 speed non overdrive manual transmission, a 2.93 limited slip differential and an OBD1 red label 413 engine computer.

Unfortunately shortly after swap completion, it became apparent that the rebuilt engine was not assembled correctly and it started to make VVT noise and burned even more oil than the outgoing M20.

Frustrations from the owner to the seller of the engine were fruitless and after a few years of pleasure driving the noisy oil burner, the previous owners wife convinced him to sell the car off. My offer was the selected offer.

Upon buying the car in March of 2020, I had a paint correction done, sourced genuine Euro bumpers from a friend in the netherlands, and set about refreshing a 2.7 SuperETA engine from an automatic 1988 528e, this engine bing a one year only high compression 2.7 liter engine from BMW fitted to the 3, and 5 series cars.

Two and a half years after buying the car in a bit of a sorry state mechanically, it’s finally ready to have a new life again, and I am not the one to give the car that honor since I have two other rarer, needier E30s in the garage already.

Please ask questions as specific as you like if you’re interested in buying the car but don’t inquire if you’re not ready to pull the trigger mentally. Car is located in Chanhassen, MN and has a lien free Minnesota certificate of title. text me if its easier 612 567 1529

Attached Files
    1991 E30 M3 Brilliant/black - S54B32/5M
    1990 E30 318iT RHD Lagunagrun/tan - S52B32Turbo/5M
    2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M
    1991 E31 850i red/grey/6M
    1997 F355 spider red/tan/6M

good on you for reinstalling an M20. sharp looking car. best of luck with your sale.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I started seeing a trend a few years ago where M20 cars were bringing more than 24-valve cars so I decided when I got the car and it was running like a bumper dumper, may as well get the best 'stock' M20 I could.

runs like a sewing machine once again!

Thanks very much
      -Erik
      2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M

Comment

bump 612.567.1529 with any questions, thanks R3V!
        2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M

Comment

sold
          2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M