FS: 10+ year owned "perfect" 1989 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 10+ year owned "perfect" 1989 325is

Ok, this isn't Jordan perfect - I'm not sure that's even a good enough word for what Jordan built - but I'm thinking of parting ways with my E30.

About the car:

1989 325is
    227k (if this discourages you go elsewhere)
    Fastidiously Maintained
    Black and Black

Exterior:
    Stripped to bare metal and painted about 8 years ago. This was a taped jamb version, not rotisserie, paint still looks amazing as I get it ceramic coating annually.
    Real 16" Alpinas with good rubber gaskets
    Dunlap DZ101 that have 50% life left
    Euro Grilles
    IS Side Skirts
    Euro Trim

Interior:
    New Dash
    New Center Console(s)
    MT2 Wheel
    One piece lighted shifter
    Z3 short throw
    CD43
    Audison Voce with Hertz amp in factory housings
    Cluster Restored in 2018 by Bav Restorations
    Maplight mirror
    New Headliner
    Sunroof converted to manual and ALL parts replaced
    Perfect leatherette sport interior - sourced 3 sets of seats 10+ years ago and reupholstered and swapped mechanicals for perfect seats

Mechanicals:
    Timing belt and all belts done during ownership
    Valve/Head/Oil pan gaskets done during ownership
    Bilstein / H&R Sport / ST Sways / Camber Plates / Rear adjustable links
    Supersprint Muffler
    Drive shaft, calipers, and much more replaced during ownership

When I look at the car the list of original parts is the smallest:
    - Motor
    - Tranny
    - Diff
    - Door panels
    - Things like strut tower housings

This was meant to be my last and final E30, the one that got ALL the things from all the previous 4. The one I'd never sell.

Well, long story short, this is one of 9 cars in the driveway/garage and it gets the least usage. It's perfect. It's not a garage queen - it's driven from NH to the Tail, etc - but it's the last car I reach for the keys for. It's not that it's bad, it's just that there's other stuff in the garage now that gets me more excited. And honestly, I need the garage space.

Thinking of going on Cars and Bids next month!

Asking $25k and willing to work with the right buyer that's also willing to do a right of first refusal on their future sale.

OFFERS WELCOME

LINK TO MORE PICS: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/f...v29o0ULZwGaCEP

Last edited by nhskibm; 09-27-2022, 05:19 AM.
    Touring Build + Touring Complete (sold) - As featured in August 2010 Bimmer Magazine :)
    iX Build + iX Complete (sold)
    "Mtech 1" Build (work in progress)

Pre Supersprint muffler out in the wild.
    Touring Build + Touring Complete (sold) - As featured in August 2010 Bimmer Magazine :)

Comment

Very well written and a fabulous car. Too bad I can't drive manuals any more...I hope it finds a good home. When something like this happens, it's almost like a part of history and fond memories die as well. Kinda saddened with you. GLWS
      sigpic

Comment

And not overpriced.

tg

Comment

Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
          Very well written and a fabulous car. Too bad I can't drive manuals any more...I hope it finds a good home. When something like this happens, it's almost like a part of history and fond memories die as well. Kinda saddened with you. GLWS
          thanks. I’ve had e30’s since my early 20’s and now am in my early 40’s. It does feel like end of a chapter. Its garage spot is the first when you walk in and brings a smile as I walk past it for a 76 Targa i just finished. This car should be driven, not smiled at as I go to cheat on it with the porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Galloway View Post
            And not overpriced.

tg
            Thank you. Trying to be fair to find the “right” buyer.

did the same with touring years ago and it found its way back to me and is now with a friend in the local car community. Karma is real.

Comment

Dang. Nice car. You should come down to Larz Anderson's BMW Day - thats the right crowd for a car like this

Comment

Originally posted by nhskibm View Post

thanks. I’ve had e30’s since my early 20’s and now am in my early 40’s. It does feel like end of a chapter. Its garage spot is the first when you walk in and brings a smile as I walk past it for a 76 Targa i just finished. This car should be driven, not smiled at as I go to cheat on it with the porsche.
                Maybe hold off a little until you get more seat time with the 76 Targa... I cant imagine that the 2.7 flat 6 is more fun than this 2.5 inline 6
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MasukBMW View Post
                  Dang. Nice car. You should come down to Larz Anderson's BMW Day - thats the right crowd for a car like this
                  Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Maybe hold off a little until you get more seat time with the 76 Targa... I cant imagine that the 2.7 flat 6 is more fun than this 2.5 inline 6
                    the targa is 3.2l swapped with full elephant racing suspension setup. I went full send :).

Comment

the targa is 3.2l swapped with full elephant racing suspension setup. I went full send :).
                      Nice. so that 3.2 is about the same amount of power... Im a bit jaded by Porsche prices lol

This $25k covers the cost of the motor

link to build thread?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Nice. so that 3.2 is about the same amount of power... Im a bit jaded by Porsche prices lol

This $25k covers the cost of the motor

link to build thread?
                        Car had the 3.2 in it already (though needed some love) and I got it “cheap” by porsche tax standards. Then went down the rabbit hole.

The 3.2l actually makes ~230hp so it is stronger than the m20 and then the ‘76 is 500lbs lighter than the late model(s) the 3.2 comes out of. Power to weight it beats the e30. I was going to “correct” the e30 with a MM 3.2 build but decided to sell instead of going another $20k into the e30 to get it similar to the Targa.

Been posting along the way on IG @the76Targa

Also have a couple other projects in flight.

Reality is I’ve decided the e30 is for sale, i need to take proper photos, and I think I’m going to keep it old school on the forums. I’m not in a rush and I don’t think it needs to be another BaT car. Needs an enthusiast home that’ll love it like I have.

Comment

Reality is I’ve decided the e30 is for sale, i need to take proper photos, and I think I’m going to keep it old school on the forums. I’m not in a rush and I don’t think it needs to be another BaT car. Needs an enthusiast home that’ll love it like I have.
                          Targa definitely sounds fun. Dont think I can pay the Porsche tax anymore, but this is about a lovely E30.

It will sell, just get some good pics
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Targa definitely sounds fun. Dont think I can pay the Porsche tax anymore, but this is about a lovely E30.

It will sell, just get some good pics
                            on the list for this week!

Comment

I purchased my 1st 325iX from Howard years ago....I promise whomever buys this car is guaranteed to get more than they were expecting! Super deal here....and someone will be very lucky to scoop this up. GLWS bud! And you have a current car addiction with your growing stable!
                              www.instagram.com/snwmble
                              #snwmble

Current:
                              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Working...
                              X