• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 BMW 325iS E30 Coupe Alpine White

1990 BMW 325iS E30
    5-speed manual transaxle/transmission
    135k original miles, tach still works
    Adult/enthusiast owned and driven

I acquired the car in December, 2019. At the time, it needed a considerable amount of aesthetic and suspension work. Since then, I have spent roughly $18k in restoration, on top of the cost of the vehicle. The car has been fully repainted, it was a $6k high quality paint job. The interior was completely redone by the previous owner with OEM grey, vinyl leather. The top end (head gasket) of the motor was completely rebuilt and new radiator supports were put in ($4,600, I have records). From there, the following components and/or upgrades were added:

-Ceika Type 1M Sport/Sport Low Coilovers; 30-way adjustable
    -Turner (ALL genuine BMW parts) front suspension rebuild kit: front sway bar end links, front upper strut mounts, control arms w/ OEM bushings, control arm brackets w/ M3 control arm brackets, outer tie rods
    -Turner (ALL genuine BMW parts) rear suspension rebuild kit: sway bar end links, reinforcement plates, shock mounts and gaskets, diff mount bushings, trailing arm bushings, subframe bushings
    -UUC Outlaw Sway bar kit: 27mm front, 19mm rear sway bars + bearing link components, urethane bushings, and bracket reinforcement
    -Maxilite Alpina replica wheels, 16 x 7”; painted centers in black w/ Alpina center caps OR full on center caps/covers w/ additional Alpina logos. Most all photos have the latter on at the moment - center cap covers.
    -Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 sunmer tires (less than 4k on rears, less than 1k on fronts. 205/50R-16
    -All new side markers, many clips and screws all around, replaced
    -New Depo yellow/clear Euro Smiley Ellipsoid Projector headlights (Frenchies)
    -New rubber window weather strips (OEM), new sunroof weatherstrip (OEM)
    -New M Tech front iS lip/valence, recently professionally painted black, w/ rhino liner added to stand up against rocks and the elements
    -On top of a full paint job, after the fact, I spent an additional $1,500 to have the bottom of the front bumper, side skirts, and lower rear bumper ALL painted in white rhino liner. Adds major durability and it makes the vehicle appear lower versus OEM paint where rockers and lower rear bumper are black
    -Sebring catback exhaust with resonator delete, new tips professionally welded on in 2020 (see photos)
    -35% 3M tint all around (except windshield)
    -CA Tuned genuine leather shift and e-brake boot, black w/ M tri-color stitching
    -Vintage MOMO 1989 Indy wood steering wheel imported from collector in Belgium + genuine MOMO wheel hub adaptor. Functioning horn button and horns ($650)
    -Coco floor mats, black and grey checker. If you know these, you know they’re top quality and speak to true BMW and Porsche 70’s and 80’s heritage ($300)
    -Garagistic weighted shift knob, w/ M tri-color stripes
    -Garagistic heavy-duty front strut brace, haven’t even installed it yet ($150)
    -brand new OEM radiator, coolant reservoir, and coolant lines ($500)
    -Chase Bays power steering kit ($600)
    -ECS 10.5mm wheel spacers in rear + 5mm in front with longer bolts all around ($140)
    -Pioneer stereo head unit, Bluetooth installed w/ microphone; Infinity 6x9” back package speakers, Infinity door/foot speakers
    -New rear transmission seals
    -New driveshaft support bearing
    -New interstate battery (30 month) as of July, 2021 ($180)
    -New clutch slave cylinder
    -New windshield (due to rock chip)
    -New, black vinyl hood bra

I know I’m forgetting things as far as upgrades and work goes. I have a stack of service records and receipts from 2017 to present. I’ve had some substantial maintenance done in my 3 years of ownership, rendering this vehicle bulletproof.

The title - unfortunately, this E30 has an Arizona ‘restored’ title. According to Carfax and via word of mouth from the previous owner, the vehicle had front end damage in 2000 or 2001 (I’d have to check carfax). At that time, the car wasn’t worth a great deal of money; therefore, it was totaled out. There was no frame damage. The owner bought it back from the insurance company and had it repaired. As a result, it does have a restored title. This has no bearing on getting the car insured. I have American Collectors Insurance (previously had Hagerty) and it’s currently valued with them at $24k.

This car has been my baby and weekend driver for 3 years now. I’ve put just over 5k on the car in 3 years. I have spared no expense in the vehicle’s restoration, and honestly didn’t care that it had the restored title. Vehicles very similar to this are selling for $25-30k all day long on bring a trailer’s auction website. I recognize the title affects this, but this is a top-notch E30. Every time I drive it people comment in parking lots, gas stations, or even while driving people flag me down and ask me if it’s for sale. It’s an attention getter to people who know old BMWs. It’s an attention getter even to people that don’t know BMWs. If you’re an enthusiast, you will be impressed by this impeccably clean E30.

Asking $17.5k OBO. My name is Patrick, (916) 316-4793. Please call, text, or PM me on here. Thank you. Will provide VIN upon request by a serious inquirer. 20+ PHOTOS ON CRAIGSLIST AD BELOW: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/c...539240507.html

Last edited by pbor916; 10-14-2022, 08:42 PM.

What the reason you're letting her go? Another project? moving? etc.? I have a hard time letting things go. Very clean car. Sometimes the cars that most people over look because of damage, title issues, or whatever reason are the ones worth saving.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

@It’s Soda Not Pop - moving. Going to be a quick transition too. Just took a shot in the dark at $22k, but I think the car market (certain cars) much like the watch market is not where it was 6-12 months ago. Lowered to $17.5k OBO. Love the car and want it to go to a good home. I spent a lot of time and energy on this one.

Comment

Dropped to $17.5k
        Moving from Scottsdale, AZ to northern CA in 3 weeks. I had a major surgery on my leg this past Monday rendering me incapable of driving manual the next 11 weeks. Hit me up, I want this gone in 3 weeks or less.

Comment

Way late post here - car sold late November, 2022 for $15,000 (even with the restored/salvage title).

Comment

Working...
          X