Feeler: M50 NV 87 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: M50 NV 87 325i

so, after much debating with myself I'm considering selling my car...

Starting out, this is an 87 325i with a Non Vanos M50 swapped in. I did not do the swap myself, however I did buy the vehicle from a member of R3V (RobertK) and I feel he did a good job with the swap.

The chassis of the car has around 305-310k miles on it, and the engine has around 180k. It was taken from a car whose owner kept in good repair.

Unfortunately, it has been in an accident of my doing since then :(
    But suffered no major damage.

THE GOOD
    New water pump and T-stat(80c)
    New pulleys and serpentine belt
    Getrag 260 Transmission (Crossbrace is custom fabricated from White325is)
    Lightened 12Lb M20 flywheel
    Sachs E30 M20 clutch (less than 5k on it)
    M50-M20 harness adapter (rs4pro3)
    Custom dual exhaust w/ Ansa muffler
    Dinan NV M50 chip
    Cross drilled and slotted Brembo rotors (Pads have lots of life left)
    3.73 Limited Slip Diff
    Mcoupe Short Shift kit
    E36 Seats
    E36 steering rack conversion
    Powerflex Offset CABs
    Bilstein Sport Suspension w/ IE Stage 3 lowering springs
    Control Arms and Tie Rods have less than 20k on them
    StarTec Smoked Tail Lights (small chip in lower left hand corner on drivers side)
    88+ Rear Valance & Bumper Conversion
    MTech I Spoiler
    4dr Zender Side Skirts
    Entire interior coated with sound mat before new interior was installed
    Electric SPAL Fan
    Both fuel pumps and fuel filter are new, less than 3k miles.
    New heater core, and thermostatic bypass valve. Very warm :)
    New Clutch master cylinder, Slave cylinder, and braided stainless steel clutch hose.
    New braided stainless steel brake hoses on all 4 calipers.

THE MEH
    The paint job is so so. The front half looks good from where it was repainted after the accident, but the back half looks much more lackluster. Looks good from about 10-15ft away, but there's flaws you can see once you inspect it close up.

two of the Mille wheels are warped, but its really only noticeable between 65-80 or so.

The Sumitomo tires only have about 25% tread left, so they'll need to be replaced soon.

Headliner needs replaced, and interior courtesy lights do not work. I've never been bothered by the lack of lights, so I never fixed it.

Foglights are sandblasted, and the drivers side does not work.

The shifter is kind of sloppy, it needs to have the bushings replaced on it.

THE BAD

As I stated before, the car has been in an accident and repaired. I was a low speed collision and mostly cosmetic. I had to replace the front bumper, drivers side front bumper mount, the front fender, and the hood. Mechanically, no damage was done except the radiator was busted. The drivers side headlights were also replaced. Both side are ellipsoid, but the drivers side is US ellipsoid, while the passenger side is the Euro smiley ellipsoid. I don't really mind the lopsidedness, but I kept the connectors in case I ever changed it back.

No A/C; The car has no A/C compressor on the engine.
    Crappy CD player and speakers.
    Rear passenger side motor is dead, the front passenger side window motor works, but is slow.

E-brake will not hold the car unless its on nearly level ground. I believe it needs new shoes.

Odometer does not work. Shows mid 200k, which is completely wrong.
    Sunroof does not work. Motor runs, but it will not move.

The engine throws a CEL for the O2 circuit. It has done that since I bought the car, but it runs fine, so I'm not sure what the deal is there.

The car has a lifter that is ticking, but its not very bad, and really more annyoing than anything. I'm fairly positive its one of the 4 closest to the firewall. I have 4 new lifters I bought but never installed them.

I'm sure there some other things I'm forgetting, but feel free to ask questions you might have :)

would like to get $4000 for it.

The accident

Afterwards, all buffed out :)

I'll try to get some more pictures up soon!
    Originally posted by Bene
    my eta is making a kind of high pitched bird-like sound, like a bunch of retarded cockatiels nesting in the intake manifold.

Here's some more pictures of the car.

The lip in the picture is not on the car currently, because it falls off all the time, but I will include it with the car.

Originally posted by Bene
    my eta is making a kind of high pitched bird-like sound, like a bunch of retarded cockatiels nesting in the intake manifold.

Comment

what color is that and whats up with the side panels?
      " I'm not racing, I'm driving asshole"

:hitler: Das Führer

Comment

LOL.. Holy shit for bumping a 2 year old FS thread.

This was my first E30 that I was forced to sell to pay off some medical bills. The kid that bought it wrecked it only a day or two after taking ownership and then a few months after this post lost control on a back road and destroyed the rear.

Color was Dodge "Go Mango Pearl" with a 4dr Zender Kit.

Hated to see it go but in the end it made way for a better project car.

Comment

Working...
        X